2/12/16

Spinach Blueberry Protein Muffins

Happy Friday!! Congratulations, we made it through the week! I don't know about you but this week actually flew by for me. I am very happy for the weekend though...tonight my boyfriend is having a poker night at our house so I signed up for an 8:30 PM spin class in Naperville :) No cards for me!

This week on my meal prep I had these DELICIOUS spinach blueberry protein muffins! They are seriously so good....yes, they are green, but they are healthy and sweet, I promise! 




This is me, about to devour four of them....



Spinach Blueberry Protein Muffins

Ingredients 

  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ cup butter 
  • Three large handfuls of baby spinach (sorry didn't measure this one out!)
  • ½ cup milk or non-dairy milk (I used cashew milk)
  • ½ cup honey
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 1 scoop Vanilla protein powder
  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 - 1½ cup blueberries

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 325° F. Melt butter and set aside to cool.
  2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix and set aside.
  3. In a blender, combine butter, spinach, milk, honey, oats, Greek yogurt and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
  4. Mix the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients. Gently fold in blueberries.
  5. Scoop muffin batter into muffin tins, filling ¾ full. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
___________________________________________________________________

These muffins are seriously the perfect snack. They are full of protein and also give you an extra veggie serving during the day! I usually take two in a bag to work and eat them in the morning with my juice. 

What are you up to this weekend? Other than spin tonight, Tommy and I are going to the city tomorrow to try out a new bar we've been dying to go to. They have a drink called The Silly Rabbit with colored ice cubes so ya....I think we will also try and get in to How At the Moon. We aren't really doing anything special Valentine's Day wise, but since it's February, here are a few links on self love :) 7 Ways to Love Yourself This February  by yours truly, and this awesome link by Sarah at Yes and Yes on how to treat yo'self (without buying anything or eating anything). 

Enjoy your weekend!!! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment