6/2/14

26

An update: Welp today is my birthday!! I am 26 and living at home with my parents :) at least it's only temporary!!

Saturday afternoon my sister flew in and we left for Illinois!! Leaving Tucson was incredibly bittersweet and it still doesn't feel real...it feels like I'm on vacation. Anyway, I am staying here with my parents for a little bit, spending some time in St. Louis with my sister, and heading to Asheville for good next month!! Things were kind of drug out and now are moving so fast!!!! 

I went two weeks with no meat and was feeling amazing!!! My body was working off of plant based foods and feeling great. On the 26 hr road trip I did have a cheeseburger though...turns out finding healthy foods with no meat are impossible at fast food restaurants. However, now that I'm home I'll be back on track. 

So I've gone from this: 
To this: 

In a matter of one day! I miss the desert but I will admit it is nice to see green. And it's nice to be with my family. The one good thing about leaving Tucson is now I will see them more than twice a year :)

So today is my 26th birthday and I wanted to write a nice long profound post about all of the things I've learned in the last few years and how this is nowhere near what I pictured myself doing at 26 but honestly I'm kind of "insightful words" posted out. No, this isn't where I saw myself at 26. But it's even better. I learned a lot living in Tucson with Steven. I think I've got a lot more learning ahead of me, too. This is me. This is where I'm at right now, and it's fine. I'm happy to be 26...honestly, thinking back to the first 25 years of my life, I wouldn't go back or change a single thing. I'm very happy and content with this curve in the road. 

As I said in my last post, I will resume to regular recipes and workouts soon...but today is not that day! I am going to go enjoy being with my family for today :) thanks for sticking with me as I settle down and figure things out. Now, off to do a yogaglo class and walk Rodney around in real grass outside!! 


5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Paige! :D Congrats on seeing green and the positives in this situation <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Paige and best wishes for an exciting year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gahhhh happy birthday girl! I'm so glad that you're so glad with where you are it. It's where you're meant to be and this year ahead is going to be awesome for you! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday beautiful!!! Good things coming for 26. Lots of love xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope that you had a fabulous birthday!! -- Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness

    ReplyDelete