5/28/14

Homemade Protein Bars

Hey guys! I swear I'm still alive...just trying to wrap things up at the house. I move this Saturday! I can't believe my time here in Tucson is up. I'ts pretty sad. Also daunting....I'll be honest, I still haven't started packing! Also, I got a few job offers in different places and need to make up my mind today, so there has been a lot going on here lately.

However, the one constant in my life for the past week has been these protein bars! I loooooove homemade protein bars. I used to make Jamie Eason's a lot, but lately have wanted something a little different. I've made something similar to these before, but this time I ground up the oats first, and personally that made a lot of difference to me. I like the texture a lot more!






Homemade Protein Bars
2 cups oats
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tbsp flaxseed
1 tbsp chia seeds
3 tbsp honey/agave nectar
2 scoops vanilla protein powder

Instructions
Ground up oats in blender with a few pulses. Transfer to bowl. Add in the other dry ingredients and mix. Finally, add in the peanut butter and honey/agave. Mix together! Put on a cookie sheet/baking pan and refrigerate.

These are my new favorite! They are so easy to make and don't require anything more than what I already have on hand in the pantry. Once they've been refrigerated for a couple of hours, you can slice them up and take them on the go!

What is your favorite protein bar recipe?

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting multiple job offers! I know you will pick the best one for you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the move and your decision! Even though leaving will be bittersweet, it is great that you get to embark on a new adventure!

    I think I have most of these ingredients in my house! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a cinnamon roll one that I'm obsessed with!!! They're like crack for me!

    ReplyDelete