5/8/14

Guest Post: Perfectly Fitt's Power Balls Recipe

Today I leave you in the capable hands of Rosi at Perfectly Fitt! She has a great power ball recipe to share :) Who doesn't love balls??? (see what I did there....)
_____________________________________________________

I’m Rosi over at Perfectly Fitt.  I am honored to be guesting for Paige today and am so grateful and thankful she has given me the opportunity to share with her readers a little bit about me and a recipe I have created lately to share with you.  I am a wife, mom, NSCA-CSCS, group fitness instructor, online coach/training, and health junkie.  Over at Perfectly Fitt I’m all about trying to find the balance in overall good health.  I explore not just the physical, but the mental, emotional, and social sides of health as well.  I’m a constant work in progress at finding my PerfectlyFitt place in the world of good health.

I was at my local farmer’s market a couple of weeks ago and came across a couple of yummy finds and thought I might try to put them together to create a tasty snack. 



My first find was from Whole Balance.  They have all sorts of nutrient dense, complete protein products to choose from (here's their Facebook page). I chose to grab their Accent Grains NUTRAbuild Multi-Mix.  I figured it would be great for a hot breakfast, a good snack, or pretty much anything else I could come up with (perhaps cookies are next!).



Another one of my finds was dates from Incredible Snacks, they actually had lots of yumminess I picked up but I used the dates for this recipe.  You can find them here!



I decided to combine the two to make POWER BALLS!  I’ll be honest, coming up with my own original creations has never been my strongest skill, I often find others I like and tweak, modify, adjust.  That’s kind of mine right?! ;)

I started by cooking up the Whole Balance mix, I used 2/3 cup of the mix and 2 ½ cups water though next time I think I will use just 2 cups instead.  There are also directions that came with the bag.  I let that cool before combining the rest of my ingredients.  Other ingredients included the dates, hemp protein, chia seeds, natural peanut butter, and agave sweetener.

Once the mix was cooked up I let it cool before adding everything else.  I popped the dates into a food processer then added them to the multi-mix.  For the hemp protein powder, chia seeds, peanut butter, and sweetener I used 3 tbsp of each, pretty much just going to taste.  I scooped them out with a Tablespoon spoon onto wax paper, I then put them in the fridge to let them harden up….they didn’t. L  BUT, they are still so yummy!  And I will be attempting these again.  I may play with the ingredients, amounts, etc to see if I can make them more balls instead of mushy balls haha!




Power Balls Ingredients:
Nutra-Build Multi Mix
Dates
Agave nectar
Peanut Butter
Chia Seeds
Hemp Protein Powder

Have a question for Rosi or want to chat? you can find her on the web here:


__________________________________________________________

What's your favorite ball recipe? Or bite recipe, if you feel weird talking about balls :)

3 comments:

  1. Love balls! Err um.... power balls :) These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paige! These are some delicious balls, I'm almost glad they stayed gooey now, I really enjoyed the creaminess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recently I came up with a recipe for mint chocolate chip balls, and they were very yummy! It is a balance in figuring out the right amount of softness..maybe next time try using less agave?!

    -- Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness

    ReplyDelete