5/29/14

A Moving Announcement...

Hey guys! Well...I'm sitting in the middle of our torn up living room surrounded by boxes and THINGS (why do I have so much stuff?!) and while I'm nervous to be leaving Saturday, I am SO happy to announce that I am leaving Tucson with a job lined up for next year! No, I'm not going to Chicago...kiddos, I'm headed to...


Asheville, North Carolina!!

If you've been following me since March you might be thinking, "Um...what?"

I was pretty focused on Chicago. I wanted to be closer to my family (still do) but moving to central Illinois doesn't have much appeal for me. So I figured the city would be the way to go. I don't know about you guys, but I told you in this post last week that I'm a firm believer in things happening for a reason. And after three months of relentless applying to over 50 schools in the city alone, after numerous interviews, I never got an offer in Chicago. So I started looking elsewhere.

My mentor teacher during my student teaching is actually a good friend of mine. I went to college with his girlfriend (they're not much older than me) and I was VERY lucky to be placed in his classroom in Havana, Illinois in 2010. Well, I've kept in touch with them and they moved to Asheville last year and absolutely love it there. There was an opening at his school. They interviewed their in state candidates and none of them worked out. So the principal called me on a whim and apparently they loved me enough to immediately offer me a job! So, I will be working with him again, and living in a town with friends, and I'm SO EXCITED. 

Asheville is totally up my alley! Hiking, mountains, lakes, waterfalls, and the like. Tons of outdoor activities and also a thriving nightlife with a booming music community (and LOTS of yoga studios). I actually ended up with a few offers and had to choose between Denver, Colorado, and Asheville. I've been going with my gut this whole time in terms of the decisions I've made and I just feel Asheville is the place for me! It was such a hard decision but I feel very happy with my choice. Also, I'm only about 8 hours from home so it's MUCH closer than Tucson. Obviously. I really feel like this is what was supposed to happen.

Sooooooo finally I can say with confidence that all of the stress and crap was totally worth it. I'm ready for this new chapter! In case you've never heard of/been to Asheville, let me give you a little introduction...













So now you know what to expect from my yoga pictures in the future :) Anyway, I'm so excited for this move and ready for what the future will bring. It's a whole new chapter for me and Rodney! Thanks to all of you for your continued support. I really appreciate it. One day, hopefully soon, my blog will resume a normal routine! For now, I will post a couple times a week during this hectic part. I will be in Illinois with my parents for a little bit, then in St. Louis with my sister for a little bit, and then moving to NC sometime in July. 

Any moving tips for me?

8 comments:

  1. OMG! Paige! That is amazing news! Congratulations! I am so excited for you. Asheville looks gorgeous and I can't wait to hear about all your amazing adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS AMAZING!!!! I'm so happy things worked out. Cannot wait to hear about your new life. AH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!! It sounds like things are falling into place for you just like I knew they would. I've heard a lot about Asheville but have never been there. I'm sure it'll be a great new adventure for you! Actually, there's a vegan triathlete that lives in Asheville -- his site is named No Meat Athlete. You should check him out since you'll be living there, especially since you recently talked about possibly adapting a veg lifestyle!

    -- Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asheville looks awesome :) I can't wait to hear all about it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Paige! I am so happy that things are falling into place for you! I have a feeling you are going to LOVE Asheville and I can't wait to see all of your yoga pictures with the gorgeous views!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for you!!! The future for you is so bright, you need SHADES! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just in Asheville two days ago! It is such a beautiful city! Congrats! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck in Asheville! My fiancé and I would love to buy a house there sometime down the road! Its a great city!

    ReplyDelete