4/24/14

DIY: Avocado Facial

Uhhhhhh TGIF, amiright? Finally! I am so ready for this week to be over. Actually, I'm even more ready for next week to be over, because next Saturday I'm headed off to Washington D.C. with my eighth graders! I'm super excited for the trip and excited to see some friends I've known since 4th grade :)

Oh avocado.....I'm back with another way to use you! I have a Lush face mask that I absolutely love. But this avocado face mask? Giving Lush a run for its' money!! I talked a little bit yesterday about how good avocado is for your hair, and the same goes for your skin! Its' nutrients are a lifesaver and will make your skin nice and smooth. Also, honey.



Mix 1 egg white, 1/4-1/2 avocado, and 1 tbsp honey. Mix it well enough that the avocado is completely mashed up for smooth coverage! Leave on face for 15 minutes and wash off with warm water.

Your skin will instantly feel smooth after washing this off. I'm telling you guys, avocado is a godsend. Eat it, put it in your hair, lather it on your face, arms legs whatever! 

EXCITING NEWS!!!!
Kim, Erin and I are holding a May yoga challenge and I couldn't be more excited!


I love doing these challenges. I love seeing everyone's pictures, and even more, I love that this time two of my best friends are going to join in the challenge! If you want to join in with #sunshineyogis, follow us on Instagram and be a part of the fun :) It's targeted to beginners and intermediates, so everyone can be a part of it!

2 comments:

  1. I've never had egg on my face (well, not literally), but if you say it works, I'll believe you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I love avocadoes in food and milkshakes, but I've never tried one for facials. I've read that they're very rich in oleic acid, which is a perfect moisturizer. I'm so excited to try that one out. Thanks for sharing and stay beautiful!

    Emily Ross @ Age Less Laser Centres

    ReplyDelete