3/16/14

My Oatmeal Review! Short Version: AMAZING

So, I eat oatmeal every morning for breakfast. Every. Morning. No, I'm not kidding or exaggerating. There are a few reasons for this. First, I really do love oatmeal. Second, it's SUPER quick and easy to make. Third, there are a million different ways to make oatmeal so it truly doesn't get boring for me.

So when the lovely ladies at Fit Approach asked the Sweat Pink Ambassadors if they wanted to try out My Oatmeal, I jumped on the wagon immediately. I have seen My Oatmeal before and have considered trying it but when I do the math in my head and think about a $4 ginormous tub of quick oats that I throw a little PB in every morning compared to the same amount for a small bag, I just couldn't justify it in my head. So you can imagine how excited I was to get to try the product through Sweat Pink!!

Let me just say this. That $4 tub of oats will not be in my house anymore. My full review is below the pictures but I'm just putting it out there now that I am a My Oatmeal addict already and will be buying in bulk from here on out!









FYI my three recipes I made are Cake Batter, Red Velvet, and Chocolate Caramel...um yeah.

Here's how it works: When you get to the website, you first pick what type of oats you want. Then you move on to flavors. Uhhhh yeah...they have TONS. It's almost a little overwhelming. My three bags were:

-Cake Batter and Vanilla Icing
-Red Velvet and Vanilla Icing (it's fine)
-Dulce de Leche and Caramel

Next, you pick your add-ins, like fruit, nuts, and sweetener. They really recommend you pick a sweetener on the website but it was $1 for the cheapest one and I really like to be in control of my sugar myself, so I opted not to purchase a sweetener and then when I made the oatmeal at home I just added my own Stevia at my discretion.

So! I got the 1 lb bags for each one and was kind of shocked at how big they were....I was expecting a much smaller sample, so already I was thrilled! Then I opened the Red Velvet bag and just about died. Seriously, it smells absolutely amazing. Exactly like a huge red velvet cake. I immediately poured an entire bowl, added almond milk and heated it up anxiously.

The oatmeal's flavor was a little more subtle than I was expecting based on the initial smell of the oats in the bag, but it's still delicious. With the Red Velvet I added chocolate chips, and with the Cake Batter one I added a little vanilla protein. With the choco-caramel I put in a little bit of unsweetened cocoa powder! I think my favorite so far is the Cake Batter one, but all three are very good.

So I am officially a regular customer :) Thank you to Fit Approach for letting me be a part of this campaign. Yes, I was given these bags to test but opinions are 100% my own! 
_________________________________________________________

As if today couldn't get any more marvelous with my wonderful oatmeal, I will share a few pictures from the weekend below :)




My favorite meal in the world...Shamrock Shake, Big Mac (no onions ew) and a medium fry. This is what moderation means, right? :) It's OK because we hiked 6 miles the next morning.


Friday night Erin and I had the best meal ever from Mcdonald's and got up and hiked Sabino Canyon again the next morning. This has very quickly become my favorite place in Tucson! We have taken it fairly easy the last two weekends walking the Canyon trail which is on a very hilly road and is 6 miles and it's been just lovely; the highlight of my week. It's been so nice to just talk and laugh and walk through the canyon with the mountains and trees and even some water! I love it there and Erin is fantastic company, obvs. Also she was nice enough to take my picture for #sweathappywithyoga (Warrior III)!






I shared the story of this picture on my Instagram...I was doing a difficult yoga session on Yogaglo and it was full of my least favorite poses all in one little class (revolved half-moon pose can suck it). Anyway I couldn't hold my balance, couldn't straighten my legs and was pretty much over it halfway in. I pushed up into wheel pose and saw my blocks at the back end of my mat just like this and it was like they were sending me a lovely little yoga message! I sucked it up and finished the class and honestly felt boss about it, just because the whole thing was poses I'm terrible at, but I still finished. Then I rolled my eyes at myself and put that class on my favorites list. There's no point in avoiding the tough stuff; better to face it head on so that I can become a stronger and better person for it (helloooo life metaphors). Anyway I have committed to doing that class again this week and I want to keep working on my weaknesses, in yoga and in life. I'm a work in progress, after all.



Meal prep for the week: grilled chicken, broccoli, and sweet potatoes. Kind of boring I guess but it's all done and I don't have to worry about it all week!

What is your favorite flavor of oatmeal? Would you try My Oatmeal?

2 comments:

  1. That oatmeal sounds so delicious!! I want some right now! I usually use plain oatmeal and then add stuff in like nut butter and fruit. You are right, it is so easy in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just joined Yogaglo and I am in love! Super jealous of the oatmeal :)

    ReplyDelete