3/2/14

Choosing Joy

Hi all! Thank you SO MUCH for all of the positive vibes and words you sent my way last week.  I haven't responded to the individual comments yet because I literally took myself off Blogger for the week but I will do so soon. It seriously amazes me that women I've never met care enough to send me loving thoughts and offer to be a shoulder to lean on. You all make me so happy :) 

That being said, I have a lot going on here and have a lot of big personal decisions to make soon. I'm very stressed and when the time is right I will share with you what is going on, because some big changes are coming my way very soon. Until then, please know that I appreciate every time you stop by my page, every comment you leave, every time you send me positive thoughts/and or prayers, and every word you float on towards me. 

For now, I am choosing to be happy through the stress and changes. My friend Sadia and I have a little phrase we throw around a lot, and I am doing my darndest to put it into practice every day lately.


I choose joy. We especially like to talk about this when we are stressed out with our jobs (kids can be exhausting. Crazy, yes I know, but believe it). 

The fact of the reality is, I choose how I feel each and every day. I can't control what other people do, but I CAN control how I react to others and how I feel. There is good in every situation we are handed. It might be very hard to find it sometimes, but it is up to you to find it and to put the good in the forefront of your mind. I am stressed, yes. I have a short window to make some very big decisions, yes. (I'm realizing as I'm typing that this may sound like I am pregnant.....I would like to take this moment to reassure you I am not!) But I am choosing instead to look at these choices as opportunities; as one chapter ending and a new one beginning. A blank, clean, beautiful page waiting for me to write on. 


And yeah I'm scared, terrified, really, but choosing joy is helping me cope with the situation and make the best out of it. 

This concept can be applied to any aspect of your life, any hardship, heartache, obstacle, or even just day to day practice. I want to be a happy person. Therefore, I am :)

Moving right along...the #sweathappywithyoga challenge has started and I literally jump to my phone every 2 minutes to check the hashtag on Instagram and see everyone's pictures!!! It's seriously awesome. I love every second of it! 




Here are my pictures from the first three days! It has been a blast and I can't wait for the month to go on and to see more and more beautiful women joining in. It's definitely not to late to participate! Check out @busybodyblog, @erin_thealmondeater and @paigepodbelsek on Instagram to see our sponsors and the rules. 

Last thing ....I finally found out that I got approved and selected as  Fitfluential ambassador!!! You guys....I literally could not be more excited. I am so thrilled and can't wait to get started working with Fitfluential! More details on this to come. 


This Monday is truly marvelous for so many reasons! I am happy to be back here with you all and will have some great recipes and exercises this week. And I am choosing to believe this today: 


How are you choosing joy today? What are you joyful for in your life right now?

8 comments:

  1. (I totally posted a comment, but it didn't go through...psh. Here's what I'm pretty sure I said...hah.)

    Bless, darling. I will definitely keep you in my happiest of thoughts. I adore and will adopt your attitude...I, too, choose joy!

    FITFLU AMBASSADOR! Way to go! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tiffany!!! I appreciate the love :)

      Delete
  2. I love this and I'm glad you are choosing joy :) I agree that in every situation there is a positive, even if it's hard to see at first. Congrats again on becoming FitFluential!!! And I also check my phone allllll the time thanks to the yoga challenge haah but I'm not mad about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know I'm so happy to keep seeing everyone put their pictures up. It's so cool!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on Fitfluential!! Welcome to the club :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on FitFluential! Yayay! I have been so crazy that I forgot to do my yoga poses! I'll catch up!

    I wish you the best of luck with your choices. I'm glad you have decided to choose joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes join in whenever you get a chance :) Thank you!

      Delete