3/4/14

Arms and Abs Circuit

Do you ever finish a workout and just feel like you didn't get enough sweating in? That's how I felt today. Granted I did yoga which, for me, doesn't induce drip-down-your-face sweating every time (although in the Sunday class I go to...whew buddy the minute I walk in I know I'm in for a sweat session..Stephanie is kick ass). Anyway, I just wanted a little extra oomph! Hence, arms and abs circuit. I love working my arms. And my abs, to be honest. I find it easy to see success and progress in these areas. My lower body I struggle a little more with, but, I digress.


I really love doing arms stuff. Seriously, I do. It's such a good feeling to feel your arms shaking because you worked them so hard. I love it. And arm strength is DEFINITELY a part of yoga....ugh chaturanga, anyone? Yeah....you know what I'm talking about. 

So, this lovely little circuit did the trick. I added it to my yoga workout, but it could go with any workout, really. Set the timer for 3 rounds of 45 seconds on, 15 seconds off, and you have a great addition to your normal workout.

Speaking of yoga and shaky arms, the #sweathappywithyoga challenge is on full force and I'm loving every second of it!



Day 4 was Goddess pose and Day 5 is pigeon :) Join in the fun if you are interested! 

What's your favorite body part to work out?

6 comments:

  1. My story regarding lifting is very strange...and sort of sad for me. Before turning to endurance, I was a bodybuilder and lifted (pretty frickin') heavy. Running, cycling and swimming has replaced that rush, and with that replacement has added an avoidance to lifting. It's like if I can't lift heavy, then I don't want to lift at all. I'm still dealing with that...slowly but surely. There's more to that story, and that avoidance, but I'll get into that later. ;)

    My favorite days were leg and back days. Pull-ups and squats. Oh how I miss them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I can SO relate to this! I love working out my arms and abs because I can feel the burn the next day. I mean, I can usually feel the burn with my legs too but I don't like working them out nearly as much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I've got the legs and butt covered and you've for the arms and abs covered. Between the two of us we could work the whole body!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a good workout, I love going from mountain climbers to pushups....that will get the sweat dripping lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the opposite! I feel like no matter how many crunches I do or weights I lift, I never achieve the tone or definition I want!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lately I've been loving leg day! My least favorite is triceps and chest strength training. My tricep strength is no bueno! -- Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness

    ReplyDelete