2/11/14

Green Morning Smoothie

So, I have this thing. I'm not crazy about vegetables. I really like them when other people make them, but for some reason I feel like I'm just not creative or good at making vegetables tasty. I usually try to get my veggies in in the form of salads...not a lot of creativity needed there. However, the other way I have been getting greens in lately is putting spinach in all of my smoothies. Legit. All of them.

This smoothie is what I have been drinking for my morning snack at school every day, around 8/8:30, so it's my M2 about 3 hours after breakfast. It's perfect because it's filling, there're TONS of good things in it, and it's delicious! This is my go-to right now and it's just the perfect way to get in extra greens during the day, especially if you aren't crazy about prepping veggies :)


The secret ingredient is this powder from Trader Joe's! It's not absolutely necessary but it adds SO MUCH to the smoothie, in terms of taste and vitamins/necessary stuff for your bod :)



Green Morning Smoothie
1 banana
1 tbsp Greek yogurt
3 strawberries
1 heaping handful spinach
1 scoop protein powder
1 packet Stevia
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 scoop TJ's Super Green Drink Powder (optional but recommended!)

How do you get in your greens each day? If you're interested in another green smoothie recipe, check out Erin's from yesterday! 


Would you put spinach in a smoothie? Have you tried this supplement from Trader Joe's?
If you have any awesome smoothie recipes please share them below! I'm always looking to mix it up!

7 comments:

  1. You are to vegetables as I am to chicken!! I love when other people make it, but I SUCK at making it myself. I just don't know how to make it tasty and not dry!!! At least there are tons of green drinks out there for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I'm fantastic about getting veggies. I don't like eating them either, but I like putting them in smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl we are green smoothie twins!! I have seen that stuff at TJ's so maybe I will pick some up next time if it's as great as you say... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am big fan of the spinach in my smoothie but I like it with some nut butter for extra creaminess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big smoothie lover too! I make green juices all the time but when I do smoothies in my blender, for some reason I usually don't include greens. Might need to start throwing a handful of spinach in there from time to time! I <3 veggies but definitely love fruit WAY more. Sometimes I don't eat a veggie until dinnertime, but I eat some kind of fruit with breakfast and lunch usually or else I miss it. - Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another thing I need to add to the list of things to buy at TJs! I always add spinach, though I rarely make smoothies haha. But when I do I figure, why not?

    ReplyDelete