1/14/14

Vega #OneChange Chocolate Mint Protein Shake

Hey guys! I have a super fun addition of WIAW today, as I got to be part of a cool collaboration with Fit Approach and Vega One.

January is all about change for many of us. So many people look to start a new, healthier lifestyle, which is awesome, but can definitely be overwhelming. Here's the consumer mindset statement that inspired the whole #onechange movement:

 “I know there are no quick fixes when it comes to managing my weight. I’ve tried loads of diets. Other things (work, relationships, and fitness) take priority. Nutrition is the first thing to go when life gets too busy. I wish it was easier.”

Um, YES. I can empathize with this statement so much. When things start to get overwhelming healthy eating kind of takes a back seat. The point of this movement is to help those looking for lifestyle changes realize that nutrition doesn't have to be difficult OR overwhelming. Vega One is a fantastic protein powder that tastes good, is good for you, and most importantly, is SO easy to incorporate into your schedule. So the peeps at Vega One sent me and 99 other lucky Sweat Pink gals a box of protein powder to make some recipes according to one of the personas that we relate most to. This one was a no-brainer for me:


This. Is. So. Me. I literally cannot buy snacks anymore, even healthier ones, because if I have them in the house I'll eat EVERYTHING. I mean like pita chips for example....not the worst thing to eat in the world, but I can't eat less than an entire bag if it's in the house. That's just how it is! And when I come home from work and don't have a medium sized meal planned out in advance I just start grazing the kitchen picking up whatever I can.

So, this is why I chose the Serial Snacker persona and why I chose to make a smoothie with my Vega One. Smoothies are SO super quick and easy cleanup. They're convenient and delicious! I usually eat smoothies every single day, but that has declined lately with the cooler weather. However, I've been doing it again more lately and am so glad I have! They're perfect for a Meal 4 around 4 pm.








Chocolate Mint Protein Shake

Mint layer: 
1/2 avocado 
1 handful spinach
3/4 cup vanilla almond milk
1/2 Stevia packet
4 ice cubes
1/2 large banana
1/3 tsp peppermint extract
optional: 1 tsp mint leaves
1/2 packet Vega One French Vanilla

Chocolate layer:
1/2 avocado
3/4 cup vanilla almond milk
1/2 Stevia pacaket
4 ice cubes
1/2 large banana
1 handful spinach
1/2 packet Vega One French Vanilla
1.5 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder

Mix the layers separately, putting the first one in a cup until time to layer. Garnish with cacoa nibs! If you are really wanting less cleanup and are in a rush, mix everything together in one! It will still taste like chocolate mint just might be a darker color :)
_______________________________________________________________

So this smoothie incorporates everything I want in a quick snack: it's healthy, delicious, CHOCOLATE MINT, is quick, easy to prepare and easy to clean up. It will give you a burst of energy either before or after a workout and will hold you over until your M5/6 (dinnertime). 

I was so excited to do this post! I think Vega One has a great thing going on here and everyone can benefit from a quick, easy recipe. You can check out the other personas and tips here, and check out Instagram and Twitter for the hashtag #onechange, #vegaone, and the @VegaOne accounts for other bloggers' posts and recipes! 

What is your favorite way to combat snacking? What is your favorite smoothie?

10 comments:

  1. This sounds great! I love the look (and taste) of layered smoothies :)
    I find eating satiating meals with good quality fat really helps in combatting snacking! And distracting myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhmmm yum! This looks so delicious and pretty. And yessss for the serial snacker haha that is SO me some days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thank you it was! And yeah I'm so bad about it :(

      Delete
  3. yummmm! Now I just need to move to Arizona so I can drink smoothies and not freeze to death ahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I knowwww probably too cold for most others right now :(

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh this looks so delicious! I want this right now! I hear you on snacking. I try to portion out what I'm going to eat and then put the snack away so I don't eat any more than I portioned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's a great idea! I have to do that as well!

      Delete
  5. This looks amazing! Pinning it for later :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, what a great web blog. I usually spend hours on the net reading blogs on various subjects. And, I really would like to praise you for writing such a fabulous article
    vega smoothie

    ReplyDelete