1/8/14

Seafood Bordetto

Hello there! We made it past the middle of the week and are on our way to the weekend :) FINALLY. This week feels incredibly long...my kids have been antsy all week and too chatty for me! Can you believe 8th graders have a hard time settling down and getting back into routine?! Yeah me either ;)

So I told you that I went with Steven to Olive Garden and got the seafood bordetto, which was delicious. I picked up the ingredients to make it and it turned out spectacularly!! Seriously....even Steven loved it and he typically is pretty hit or miss with the stuff I make, since he's not a health nut whatsoever.

P.S. I totally didn't know what bordetto was but looked it up and it's literally "fish stew"...sounds SO super gross, but I promise it's delicious.


Seafood Bordetto
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 eight ounce can of tomato sauce
1/6 cup vinegar
1 cup white wine
1 cup boiling water
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 pound tilapia, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 pound scallops
1/2 pound shrimp


Process:

In a large stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.  Add the garlic and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
To the pot, add the tomato sauce, vinegar, wine, water, and parsley. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.  Let the mixture come to a boil to burn off the alcohol from the wine.  Return to a simmer, cover, and cook about 30 minutes.
Add the fish, followed by the scallops and shrimp.  Cover and continue to simmer for another 30 minutes.  If you are using pre-cooked shrimp, don't add the shrimp until the last 5 minutes or so.  You want the shrimp to meld with the other flavors, but not overcook.  Serve hot.



So super yummy! I served mine with a piece of toasted Ezekiel bread.
This would be perfect for all of you stuck in the polar vortex, or super cold weather on the other side of the country.

Ended yesterday with a little #bendyyogisjanuary forward fold and binded warrior!




I'm off to drown myself in green juice :) Have a good one ya'll!


What's your favorite soup or stew? Would you try seafood bordetto?

10 comments:

  1. YAY for green juice in mason jars! Love it. I'm also a fan of both of those yoga poses and was doing a little binded warrior myself earlier this evening.
    -- Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE binded warrior! I'm still working on getting my hands fully together...I would love to be able to do reverse prayer eventually!

      Delete
  2. I would definitely try seasfood bordetto, we don't make seafood enough in my house which is a shame because i love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a shame! Seafood is the best! Although I keep hearing all of these horrible reports about tilapia..need to do some research and find out what's going on.

      Delete
  3. I've never tried bordetto before but I love seafood so I'm sure I would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good soup or stew! Seafood is so good for you too! I'm so glad this week is almost over. It has been really tough getting back into a routine and I need a little bit more rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes me too! I bet you do I can't imagine..I bet your flight was so long :(

      Delete
  5. OH MY GOSH...YUM!

    And, as always, lovely Yerrrgah. :)

    ReplyDelete