1/13/14

Protein Pancakes with Strawberry "Syrup"

So, I have strayed from my ways. What I mean is, I used to be addicted to protein pancakes. Seriously. I've made about a million different kinds (hyperbole!) and I used to eat them every single day because, well, they're delicious. But I haven't had a protein pancake in months. Actually, since September. WHY???? Why, I ask you??!! This is a sin. I think it just goes back to my "creature of habit" thing...I ate them every single day for about 4 months straight and then slowly moved back to other foods. 

Anyway, I decided that needed to change sooner rather than later and came up with a lovely new protein pancake recipe and added a little "syrup" for good measure. 





May or may not have dropped the frozen strawberries all over the floor in the process....




BIG pancake! Yummy protein!




Recipe is at the bottom! 

After looking through the pictures I took I realized it kind of looked like I doused my pancakes in ketchup....rest assured it is strawberries :) I'm not THAT weird.





I mean...helloooooo most adorable dog in the world award goes to Rodney and his new big bone.


Today is the first time I have ever tried king dancer pose with an overhead grip. Definitely had to use the dog leash as a strap because I don't have one yet. I pride myself on being fairly bendy and so was pretty disappointed in this. My head isn't nearly as close to my foot as I thought it would be but I will definitely be practicing!

Other protein pancake recipes


Protein Pancakes With Strawberry "Syrup"

by Paige Podbelsek
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients
  • Protein Pancakes
  • 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
  • 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
  • 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1/2 cup egg whites
  • Strawberry "Syrup"
  • 5 large frozen strawberries
  • Drizzle of agave nectar
Instructions
Add pancake ingredients together. Cook on stove until solid. Heat strawberries and agave in microwave. Mix in blender using a few quick pulses. Pour syrup on pancakes.
Powered by Recipage

What's your  favorite protein pancake recipe?


12 comments:

  1. I never tried proteinaceous pancakes, but I very much would like ;) I think chocolate with nut sauce will be never bad. What brand of a protein you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the best! I use a few different brands....Perfect Fit by the Tone It Up Girls, Vega One, and sometimes a basic whey protein from Fry's when I run out :)

      Delete
  2. Uh, YUM! Guess I know what I'm making for post-run breaky on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just something so satisfying about eating a pancake after a workout...

      Delete
  3. Love the strawberry syrup! Glad to see you dropped them on the floor... :) That's totally something I would do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah ughhhhhh I'm the clumsiest, for real.

      Delete
  4. So I've never actually had protein pancakes before! I know I must be missing out because everyone seems to love them. I'm just super rushed in the am and then I never seem to have groceries on the weekend. Must try this soon though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What/!??!?! Girl you crazy! They are the best!!

      Delete
  5. These look awesome - thanks Paige!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I <3 pancakes!! In fact, I'll be posting a pancake recipe later on myself :)

    And that bone is almost as big as Rodney... ha!

    --Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes can't wait to check it out! And yes he loves it :)

      Delete