1/13/14

MIMM

Good morning! I don't know about you guys but I am EXHAUSTED. Like, completely. Struggling to keep my eyes open already...it's going to be a gooooood day, right? Well instead of going back to sleep like I really want to do, I'm getting this post up and done and then heading off to work! I can do it!

Marvelous this Monday is...



This quote! As a teacher this really resonates with me. It kind of explains a couple of the reasons I don't believe in standardized testing being the "end all be all" of our students' grades and achievements. If you're interested in any of this or are a teacher, you MUST see this video of a high school student speaking out against Common Core.  As he says, "If all I have learned in school is measurable, I have learned nothing."


Wendy's is soooo legit right now! Have you eaten there lately?! Seriously, they have some awesome stuff going on here. I ate the apple pecan chicken salad Saturday and it was absolutely delicious! It came with a pomegrante vinaigrette (!!!!) that was almost all fresh, real ingredients (only added xantham gum for thickness), and the chicken was hot and freshly grilled, and you could see the curves at the edge of the chicken, showing that it was an actual chicken filet and not gross frozen by-product meal. Also got the strawberry iced tea. Delicious! I would get that meal again in a heartbeat.


Saturday night we went to Supercross in Phoenix! It was so much fun. This picture is of the 7-8 year olds riding the track which was LITERALLY the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life....I die. If I have kids they will be little dirtbike riders for sure.



Doing a little catch up for bendyyogisjanuary with extended mountain pose and dolphin pose. I'm thinking of doing something like Yoga Pose Of the Week and breaking down the steps to get into it here on the blog. When I'm browsing Instagram I see all of these awesome poses I want to try but don't know how to get into them, so I'm thinking that would be really cool to do on here. Look for that soon!

Have a fantastic Monday! My goal for this week is to bake a lot! I'm craving muffins and loaf bread....specifically banana :) 

What did you do this weekend? If you're in a pinch, what fast food restaurant do you go to?

11 comments:

  1. Wendy's is my go-to in a pinch restaurant too! I love their salads and baked potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nothing to brag in these days off. My days now share between preparation for examination and attempts to force itself to prepare for examination ;) So I am glad to see, how well passed your days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha thanks! It looks more exciting than it felt over the weekend...very relaxing

      Delete
  3. I have not been to Wendys but I've heard they really stepped up their game. I usually go for Mexican when I'm in a pinch because I know I can make something healthy out of the ingredients. Either that or I get snacks like nuts or string cheese or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really have...there were so many healthy options on the menu, and not "healthy"...ACTUALLY healthy.

      Delete
  4. Wow Wendy's seriously stepping up their game! That's great! I love that quote as well and I'm glad you think standardized tests are dumb. I mean, I always did, but that may just be because I'm bad at them. I'M A SLOW READER I can't help it. #hardlife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They're kind of crazy...I have 65 kids and their smarts are all being determined by the exact same multiple choice test? I had data meetings this morning and was so upset. My kids show so much more potential and intelligence than that number I was given.

      Delete
  5. That meal at Wendys looks legit! Oh and also, I agree about the common core... every student learns different you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious! And yes it's SO incredibly frustrating.

      Delete
  6. I love Wendy's salads :) And I agree 150% with that video - standardized testing is not the way to go! I'm super excited about that yoga pose series!!

    ReplyDelete