1/5/14

MIMM 1/5/14+ Weekly Goals


"Back to school, back to school, prove to Dad I'm not a fool"

Blahhhhh this is me as I go back to school!! Two weeks felt like a million years and at the exact same time like two days, if that makes any sense at all. However, there were plenty of marvelous things to celebrate this weekend!


The bookshelf Steven bought me for Christmas! I have wanted a place for my books since I moved in 3 years ago and finally got it. I'm one very happy reader!


This pomegranate vinegar from Trader Joe's. It's perfect on salads with just a little olive oil!


Exhibit A: Goat cheese salad with said vinegar, lemon olive oil and a little pepper, and a cup o' tea.  


A deep squat was #bendyyogisJanuary pose for Day 3 and I felt very awkward putting this up on Instagram


Marvelous is this beautiful scarf my mom bought me for Christmas! I got so many compliments wearing this to dinner the other night.


My sister got me this freaking awesome glass tea kettle for Christmas...watching the water boil is fascinating!




Lots of yoga practice!


The view from the RZR...while my family is braving -50 temperatures (yes that's right negative FIFTY in the Midwest) I am lounging in the 70 degree weather and loving life in the desert! Sorry Mom and Dad!!

Usually after a break I am ready to get back in the swing of things, but since I was traveling this whole break I am NOT wanting to go back to school just yet! However, in the interest of getting back on schedule, I mapped out my eating and workouts for this week. Because, well, whether I like it or not I have to see those little children tomorrow :)

Meal Prep
 Green Juices, Pear-Ginger shooters (recipe this week), goat cheese salads, PB&J Muffins, sweet potatoes, and seafood bordetto (recipe this week).

Workouts
Monday: Yoga
Tuesday: HIIT workout
Wednesday: Yoga and maybe a mini run (1 mile)
Thursday: HIIT workout
Friday: HIIT workout
Saturday and Sunday: OFF

Did you do anything exciting this weekend? Anything fun happening this week at all?

12 comments:

  1. You are so good at your balancing poses - I really want to be able to do the scorpion soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Scorpion is so hard I can't hold it for very long but I like trying to get a shot of it and see how much closer I can get my toes to my head as I continue to practice flexibility.

      Delete
  2. I need to try that pomegranate vinegar ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need more yoga in my life <3

    Happy Monday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yessss for goat cheese and for Christmas scarves! My mama bought me a scarf as well and I've been loving it lately. Glad to hear you had a nice break!--even if it did go by too quickly (they alwayssss do)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes goat cheese and Christmas scarves.....two of my very favorite things!!

      Delete
  5. Ohhhhhhh this post is full of awesome! I love everything! Mmmm the salad...mmmmm! Harry would absolutely lose his mind over that tea kettle; now I have you to thank for the fantastic gift idea! :D

    Huzzah for the -45*F here in Chi-beria! Enjoy the warmth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! It was 50% off at Teavana...I got it for $15 can you believe that?!!??! Freaking awesome! Stay warm in that cold front!

      Delete
  6. I know exactly what you mean about vacation feeling both long and short! Ugh. So jealous of your 70 degree weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are just coming back from Australia so I'm sure you can relate!! :)

      Delete