1/3/14

Friday Favorites 1/3/14

Happy Friday! I would be glad it's the weekend but sadly this weekend means the last few days of my vacation :( However I do have some fun plans with my significant other for the weekend so it should be fine. Here are a few things I am favoring this lovely Friday :)
Housewife Glamour

Yoga. Always yoga.

I did the #spelllikeayogi challenge, and split up into two parts we spelled LOVE YOGA! It was a lot of fun trying to come up with a way to spell the letters, especially G.



SO SO SO happy to be home with Rodney...I missed him like crazy in SD and Illinois!


My girls have a show! Tune in Thursday evenings for Toned Up, a reality show about Karena and Katrina of Tone It Up! It's so cool to see what's going on behind the scenes as they get everything put together. 


New Year's Eve with Rodney! The three of us had a nice low key evening, which was just what I needed.


Olive Garden.

OK random but Olive Garden is my boyfriend's favorite restaurant. He LOVES Italian food and can't get enough. I'm not crazy about Italian, being neither a bread nor pasta fan, but when he wants to go there I'm down since he likes it so much. Funnily enough my mom and grandmother both gave him OG gift cards for Christmas so we went there for dinner Wednesday night and honestly it was the best meal I've had in a looong time.



I got two new dishes: the asparagus with balsamic glaze and Parmesan dipping sauce, and the seafood bordetto. I had no idea what a bordetto was and had never tried one before, and it was DELICIOUS! I seriously loved it so much that I found a recipe online and went shopping for the ingredients to make it next week!


Handstand practice :) It feels so so good to be back at exercising!


I have a lot of people compliment me on my curly hair, which is so sweet, but people, this is what it's like to have curly hair. This is the truth. My hair was in a bun for a day and when I went to shower it stuck like this...I mean, I shook my head and moved around and it just STUCK. It does that sometimes when it's been up for awhile....remember this the next time you wish you had curls.

That's all I've got for today...I'm off to get a massage and run some errands! Enjoy your weekend and I should be back next week with my regular workouts and recipes....and hopefully a bordetto recipe :)

What do you have planned for this weekend? Are you an Olive Garden fan or not so much?

13 comments:

  1. I loved your solution for the g - I am not that flexible in my back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually can't take credit...looked up a few poses on Instagram because I was just stuck!

      Delete
  2. #curlyhairproblems...I SO GET IT! Sometimes I just wish my hair was straight but I suppose the grass is always greener!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessssss it's ridiculous! I used to HATE my hair but now I've grown to love it...still has its' issues though obviously.

      Delete
  3. Hhahha can SO relate to the curly hair pic. I love my curly hair but it suuuure can get tangly. Also--LOVE YOGA poses---such a cool idea! Enjoy the rest of your break :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know so ridiculous sometimes! Yeah I really enjoyed this challenge it ended up being really neat.

      Delete
  4. I am just so amazed and jealous with your yoga skills, Paige!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a fellow TIU girl! I was so excited for the show - if only it were an hour. Are you doing the #100byVday challenge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know i loved it! I'm not doing the #100 by Vday challenge only because I'm just getting back into working out after a leg injury so some days are on, same days are off and I don't know if I could get it all in, but I'm following along with everyone on Instagram and Twitter! I love seeing girls' progress!

      Delete
  6. I love your yoga montage! Your moves are so inspiring!! Us girls with straight hair don't have it easy either. Wind + long fine hair = no bueno (lots and lots of tangles, ouch!). I am excited to watch Toned Up. I have to check it out and make sure I'm getting it on demand!

    ReplyDelete