1/21/14

Body-weight Workout

Helloooo! Nothing like having a three day weekend to make the week go by faster. I can't believe it's already Wednesday! 

I really suck at the whole "WIAW thing" lately. I keep forgetting to take pictures of my food! Not that any of it is that interesting...but still. Oh FYI I got SOOO super burnt yesterday on my hike. Like really burnt. It felt fantastic. I mean I know I know it's bad for my skin but I like the feeling of being burnt...it's fine.


I don't have a bunch of food pictures but after a lovely Trader Joe's run I got some AWESOME food....specifically this chocolate mint Cliff bar (actually I bought 5...) and chocolate coconut water! I loooove chocolate coconut water but it's pricey...TJ's is really cheap though. Score!


They also have this INCREDIBLE Japanese fried rice with tofu and veggies that I literally can't stop eating, and pho which tastes super close to the real thing. If I put it in a regular bowl you probably wouldn't even know it wasn't authentic. Go buy all of these things immediately! Yes? Yes.


We had perfect cuddle time yesterday after my hike....I just can't stand it.



So tonight I finally did another actual workout that wasn't yoga :) What I noticed on my hike yesterday is that I have pretty much completely lost all and any endurance I had. I'm not thrilled about that. I don't do cardio almost at all anymore and although I do HIIT a couple of times a week I'm not lifting heavy constantly like I used to. I've been doing a mix of HIIT and yoga. I'm very happy with that but I do miss heavy lifting workouts as well too. Going to the gym isn't an option these days so I did a great body-weight workout and really felt it. Just one set through....looks easy but looks can be deceiving :)


There's something refreshing about a workout that doesn't require any type of equipment other than my brain! I'm going to try this one again in a week and see if I can up my time. 

So I have some exciting news...the awesome guys at the Spartan Race are giving me a free race entrance for one lucky reader! I'll have the deets tomorrow. Deets? Sorry. Lameeeee. Lame.


10 comments:

  1. I once found chocolate coconut water at the 99 cent store, and bought tons of it! Not sure if you have one near you but check it out!

    I haven't had much time to hit up the gym so I've done lost of HIIT at home and yoga too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh good idea! I'll have to check it out~

      Delete
  2. Ouuuuch to your burn. I hate being burnt, though I like the tan I get afterward ;) Also--I don't know what you're talking about, that workout does NOT look easy haha but it looks like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh I love the feel of a good burn! :)

      Delete
  3. That bodyweight workout looks really tough! i don't know about you but I think bodyweight workouts are some of the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I was so tired after but it felt great. I love bodyweight workouts

      Delete
  4. Rodney is so freaking adorable! I can't wait to try your workout :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah hope the sunburn heals quickly!!! Wish I could do your workout but no burpies for me :( One day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it's gone already :( Didn't even last 2 days but my face is nice and golden now!

      Delete