12/9/13

The Best and Easiest Roast Chicken Recipe Ever

So, chicken is my favorite meat. It's just so good and so good for you! The white meat is delicious :) Sometimes it's hard to think of new ways to make it though, I'll admit that. Chicken can get just a smidgen boring. Am I right or am I right?

Well my friend Sadia taught me this incredible way to roast chicken and it's literally the easiest recipe and the BEST...trust me. Want to know the ingredients?

Chicken
Salt
Pepper

That's it! Let me show you...


First, get a chicken. I picked this little beauty up from Whole Foods.


Rinse the chicken, inside and out, and pat it dry. I mean DRY. You don't want this thing smoking in the oven. While you're at it, set the oven to 420 degrees.

Once this sucker is completely dry rub salt and pepper over it, inside and out.


Yes, even in the butt. I know, weird and kind of ew.


Get the thing pretty well covered but not too much. 

Bake in oven for an hour. Donezo!



This chicken is seriously the most delicious and tender chicken EVER. The sale makes the skin crispy and scrumptious. Thank you, Sadia!! :)


Worked a little yoga yesterday. Leg feels fine now, so we'll see what happens, but honestly even if it starts to hurt I really won't care. My body needed that practice more than it's ever needed anything before! I did 20 minutes on Yogaglo and in savasana I just thought to myself, "My body is meant to do this. Yes, it is".


Thought this was cute. My tea obsession continues!



Playing upside down! It just puts a smile on my face.

A couple notes before I leave you with this recipe card and my blessing :) 

1) I will be holding the "What's In Your Fridge" Linkup this Thursday! All you need to do is take a picture of your fridge, or pull some of your staple items out and take pictures of them. Then just let us know what you always like to keep handy and stocked! Then come over here to my little corner of the interwebs and link up!

2) Please please please check out Kaila's post here about changing fitsperation. It is just incredible! And everyone came up with such good pictures. We need to be more positive to each other and ourselves and encourage healthiness and happiness, not self shaming.

Have a wonderful day my lovely friends! I'll catch ya on the flip side :)

Roast Chicken

by Paige Podbelsek
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Ingredients
  • Roast chicken
  • Salt
  • Pepper
Instructions
Preheat oven to 420 degrees. Rinse chicken inside and out. Dry very thoroughly and completely. Rub salt and pepper on skin and inside of chicken. Bake for 60 minutes.
Powered by Recipage

6 comments:

  1. Off to check out Kaila's post! And that chicken looks delish. Glad you're back into yoga. My body was telling me to stay in bed all night so that's what I did haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I'm obsessed with tea too - I don't drink coffee in the morning anymore anyway haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the simplicity of that recipe! (And all your yoga poses)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that chicken looks too simple to be true haha I will definitely be giving that a try! And thanks for the reminder that I need to drink tea......I don't really like it but I really should drink it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the handstands! So glad your leg is feeling better. Injuries are the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really i am impressed from this post....the person who created this post is a generous and knows how to keep the readers connected..Thanks for sharing this with us found it informative and interesting. Looking forward for more updates..yoga teacher training in india |yoga therapy teachers training in india |yoga courses in india best yoga teacher training in india yttc

    ReplyDelete