12/1/13

Thanksgiving Vacation Recap + Weekly Goals

OK this is your warning...this post is pretty picture heavy :)

We are finally back from our San Diego vacation! It felt like a long time but also felt waaaaay too fast. We had a great time though, and that's what matters most!

We got to San Diego on Thanksgiving afternoon and went straight to Steven's cousin's husband's parents' house for lunch (yeah I know, but you get it). His mom is seriously a fantastic cook and we ate, like, everything. Everything. Friday we lounged around and went to Dave and Busters where Steven and I were bad ass enough to get enough tickets to win a shot glass...womp womp...while his younger cousins had over 2000 tickets....it's fine. Then we rode the Ferris Wheel at the outdoor mall and headed home.

Saturday we got to go to the beach (yay!). The beach makes me happy. The beach makes me smile inside and out and when we get there EVERY TIME I physically feel my body and mind relax. I need to live in San Diego. I'm such a happy person there. Anyway, we did the beach thing all day, which is what almost all of these pictures are of, and then went to sushi and saw Catching Fire again! It was even better the second time.

These are all taken on Mission Beach and Pacific Beach.




















Yes, I became obsessed with this pier, it's fine. There is literally no better feeling than wearing a gauzy sundress, walking barefoot in the wet sand listening to the waves wash over your ankles. Seriously.


Silly puppy!



Yes, that is a miniature pig.

So we had a blast! It was a long car ride though and I'm glad to be back. My friends and I are planning a trip to La Jolla San Diego in three weeks and I'm so ready to bust through these last 3 weeks of school and go back to the ocean. 

This Week's Goals and Planning

This week I am all about salads, butternut squash, and smoothies! After indulging all weekend, I'm back on track tomorrow morning.

Also, I am back in yoga tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited. My leg is feeling better and better each day, so tomorrow I am doing a 15 minute yogaglo session after work. After that I am going to do a short arm and abs workout. I CANNOT wait to sweat! I did this workout with alterations last week in the morning and it was OK but I seriously need some down dog in my life asap. 

Have a Marvelous Monday today!! I will be back tomorrow with a new crock pot recipe :)
What did you do for Thanksgiving? What are your plans for this week to get back on track after the holiday?

13 comments:

  1. So glad you had so much fun- LOVE your pictures! You and the BF are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had an amazing vacation! I'm also glad to hear your leg is feeling better! Yay for healing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad to be moving forward with it!

      Delete
  3. I've been dying over your pictures on IG! Seriously I'm so jealous. Glad you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes it was a fantastic time. SD is so beautiful, always.

      Delete
  4. ahh I had to stop looking at your pictures, SO JEALOUS! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL San Diego is seriously the most incredible place EVER. You must go!

      Delete
  5. that pier IS beautiful! and so is your hair (random, i know)..i love your curls :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like an amazing trip! I live about 6 hours north of San Diego so I'm hoping to make the drive down there soon. And that pig...so.freakin'.cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just was! San Diego is the best place in the world :)

      Delete
  7. I'm so happy for you that you are going back to yoga! Yay! I'm also super jealous your Thanksgiving looked like this! I love the beach but there was definitely no beach in my Thanksgiving-way too cold! I would love to go to San Diego someday!

    ReplyDelete