12/6/13

Friday Favorites and Cold Weather

TGIF!!!!! I need this weekend so bad right now. This was the longest week of my life! I'm just counting down the days until San Diego :) I need the beach.

How is the weather where you're at? In Tucson it dropped 20 degrees in one day. Literally. We have highs around 55 for the next week or so. I'm not overly thrilled about the temperature drop, especially first thing in the morning, but I actually don't mind it all that much. One of my favorite things in the world is curling up on the couch in a sweater with a cup of hot tea while it's cold outside, and my favorite clothes are fall/winter clothes (leggings, boots, tunic tops and sweaters!) so it's not all bad.

I have a question before I dive into my post....would anyone be interested in doing a "What's In My Fridge" Link up next week? I did one last summer and I thought it was pretty cool to see what food everyone keeps handy in their fridges, especially for people just getting into healthy eating. If anyone's interested, I was thinking next Thursday. Let me know if you would want to link up and show everyone what staples you keep to eat around your house!
Housewife Glamour

I have lots of favorites crowding my mind this Friday! Let's start with this delicious oatmeal...


Last week I was alllllll about the cappuccino oats, but I can feel a comeback in these PB&J oats. I really can't resist anything PB&J. 


I'm officially obsessed with the candy cane green tea from Trader Joe's. I was anticipating this pepperminty tea, and it's just PERFECTION. Vanilla and cinnamon with a hint of candy cane swirl......TRY IT. Please. Please try it. I'm literally going to Trader Joe's next week to buy 50 boxes. I'm not joking.


Our Christmas tree!! We put it up Monday. Well, "put it up" is a loose term since it was already decorated and together in the guest bedroom, so really we just pulled it out and plugged in the lights :)


My students get me. One of my kids gave me the poster of Finnick and another kid made the sign....they told me a husbandu is a person you want to marry/date but you can't because they're a fictional character. I guess they could be pulling my leg but I'm just rolling with it! Finnick Odair YES.


This week I decided I can't give up handstands right now. I just can't. No. I'm trying to learn to pop up with my left leg, which is turning out to be surprisingly difficult. Actually, maybe not that surprising....I can't write with my left hand so learning to do this probably wouldn't be that easy either. Yesterday I felt a little progress and was able to hold a few. I'm hoping I can learn to pp up with my left leg efficiently enough that I can get back into regular handstand practice.


EGG NOG PROTEIN SHAKE. Absolutely. Some people are still all about pumpkin, some, like Davida, are into gingerbread right now, but when the holidays come around I can't get enough egg nog. I'm salivating thinking about this shake. Recipe next week!


And finally, this hat that I just MUST have. I think I'm going to treat myself to a Christmas present to myself....this hat is exactly like the one that Zoe wears in American Horror Story Coven and I need to be a witch, obviously :)

I hope you are all doing well today! Enjoy Friday...it's the best day of the week. I have to get up bright and early for a Walk-A-Thon for the DC trip tomorrow morning so I will get some exercise....we are walking 5 miles! It should be pretty fun. Have a great day!

What is your favorite thing on this fabulous Friday?

17 comments:

  1. I'd be interested in doing a link up! I love reading those kinds of posts myself anyways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK awesome! I'm excited I think it will be fun!

      Delete
  2. I would love to do the link up but I can't next week! I'm going on vacation so my fridge is going to be eeeeeempty! :)

    My favorite thing this week is listening to Xmas music. It's getting me into the holiday spirit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Understandable. LOVE Christmas music!

      Delete
  3. I have a what's in my kitchen post going up on Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That'd be a great link up! That way, everyone can see how empty my refrigerator is hahah. Aaaand I've never tried egg nog. Is that weird?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES it's weird....egg nog is literally the most delicious thing ever!

      Delete
  5. I love egg nog too <3 Send me a box of that tea! (I'm only kind of kidding!) I've missed reading your blog. I've been working on handstands too - I held one for about 15 seconds with a bit of squirming. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that vanilla and cinnamon black tea from Trader Joe's!! The smell alone makes me happy! I'll have to try to the candy cane green tea, next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The candy cane one is a million times better; you must try it.

      Delete
  7. omg-- cannot wait for the eggnog protein shake recipe! what a great idea! I LOOOOVE eggnog!! :) Keep up the handstands!! I'm trying to buildup my handstand strength and so far it's really pitiful.......but getting inverted everyday is a least a baby step in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's my favorite! I've missed handstands while I'm letting my leg heal but working on the other side is helping.

      Delete
  8. I have never heard the word "husbandu" before but I might just have to add it to my vocabulary. And I love that your stored your tree already decorated. Efficiency at its best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha i like the husband part;) good luck with your handstands i've never been able to do one.. maybe i should start practicing too! you're blog is just great, i followed you on bloglovin! :)

    xx lotte

    ReplyDelete