12/19/13

Sauteed Spinach With Eggs

Can I just start off by pointing out how incredible the sunset was last night at my house? I'm sorry but I'm 3 years into my life in Tucson and I still can't get over the incredible painted sky every single morning and evening.



Legit, every single night the sky looks like a painting. It just bleeds orange, red, pink and yellow swirls. It's fascinating. LOVE TUCSON!!

Today I want to show you this super simple meal I've been eating the last few evenings thanks to, of course, my friend Sadia. Seriously, you guys should all come visit me and meet her so she can cook for you. She is the friend that baked me my own person cake, and two nights ago she also baked me a cupcake and decorated it like an egg with my initials :) I'm not sure if she really loves me or is just trying to fatten me up!

She is one of those people that loves to cook intricate, fancy meals and doesn't skimp on ingredients or prep time (I am sooo the opposite!) However, she also makes simple meals that are delicious and bonus! healthy, like this breakfast that I've been eating as dinner all week long. 






Sauteed Spinach With Eggs
2-4 handfuls baby spinach
1-2 eggs
Salt
Pepper
Optional- Salsa, avocado, feta or goat cheese for toppings

Directions: Saute spinach in pan with salt and pepper until wilted. Set aside on plate. Cook eggs however you like them! (I go with eggs over easy). Adorn with optional toppings and enjoy!
___________________________________________________________________

Super easy, super healthy, and super delicious! My favorites. I've never really eaten sauteed spinach before...I usually try to get my greens in with salads and then some spinach or kale in smoothies. I know that people do eat sauteed spinach, it's just never occurred to me to try it. It's much tastier than I would have guessed!

As I told you yesterday, I'm not feeling so hot. I really want to be healthy for our San Diego trip, Christmas, Steven's and my 3 year anniversary, my trip home to Illinois, AND New Year's Eve, all of which are in the next two weeks, so I'm resting on the couch tonight drinking lots of tea and snuggling with the pup. 

Side note: I literally can't fathom that it has been 3 years since I moved to Tucson. Technically I guess Steven and I have been together for about 4.5 years, but the first 1.5 years of long distance was really weird and horrible (long distance relationships are literally the worst) and so we just go with the day I packed up my stuff and arrived here in Arizona. It's so hard to believe that that was three years ago though. My life has changed radically and I really can't imagine what I would be doing if I wasn't here. Also longest relationship I've ever been in so that brings in a whole lot of other questions and musings to my busy little mind. As always, as the year comes to an end I find myself contemplating past, present, and future a little more than usual. Three years!! Three years people. That's a long time. For lots of things. To date someone, to have lived halfway across the country from my family, to be in a state with no seasons, to have a pet, to cook and clean for myself, to be a real teacher, etc. etc. Ah, life :)



Here's me, playing around and loving my life in Arizona :)

What's your favorite way to eat eggs? (I ALWAYS go with over easy!)

4 comments:

  1. Seriously so jealous as where you live, want to switch and you can come live in Boston?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think I would shrivel up and day in the cold! I'm from Illinois but my skin has really thinned in the last few years.

      Delete
  2. So happy to see you back and at it with yoga!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am very grateful to be back at it as well.

      Delete