12/10/13

Roasted Butternut Squash

So I am on a butternut squash kick. I love squash and tis the season, right?! I don't have a whole lot to share for today's WIAW but I do want to share this simple roasted squash recipe! Squash is the perfect side to any meal :)




Roasted Butternut Squash
Maple syrupe (or whatever syrup you have on hand, which is what I had to go with)
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Cinnamon
Cayenne pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Peel squash and cube. Mix ingredients in a bowl, then line a pan with foil. Spread out squash cubes. Bake for 45 minutes.
___________________________________________________________________

So simple and delicious! I find that I continuously gravitate towards sweet foods, and this is a perfect case in point! The cinnamon and syrup give it a nice, sweet taste and the cayenne gives it just a little kick. 

Here is the white chocolate peppermint tea I got from Teavana...I mean seriously, people, it's heaven. Just trust me. Actually, don't just trust me. Go get some!




Here are the only two foods I've taken pictures of in the last week but I think this represents my dinners at home perfectly lately! I have been craving omelets like no other, which is what the first picture is of. It's egg whites, chopped veggies, salsa, avocado, and goat cheese! So delicious!

Last night I had tomato soup, tea, and a piece of Ezekiel toast with olive oil and sea salt. It was perfect for a cold night watching American Horror Story with Sadia.


Eagle pose! I did 20 minutes of yoga last night. My hip feels like I might have stretched it a little too much but nothing serious....at least I hope! My leg feels better and better each day but I just want to be back to my old self already. Patience is NOT a virtue I have!

***Thursday will be the "What's In Your Fridge" Linkup! Show us what you keep handy :)

What is your favorite squash? Butternut, acorn, spaghetti....

14 comments:

  1. aw, yes i love squash! Yours looks delicious ;o mines definitely spaghetti <3

    xx Lotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I love spaghetti squash as well!! SO delicious.

      Delete
  2. That tea is SO good. I just spent $50 buying it as gifts for people for Christmas! It's to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES it's the best thing I've ever tasted and satisfies my sweet tooth so it's definitely a win win!

      Delete
  3. I ADORE butternut squash!! A couple of weeks ago, Aldi had HUGE ones on sale for 99 cents each. I'm making my way through them right now, but the WORST is peeling them! I take the lazy approach and just roast in and them score and scoop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 99 cents?!?! Awesome! But you are right peeling them is a pain in the butt!

      Delete
  4. White chocolate peppermint tea?! I'm not a huge tea fan but I've been on a peppermint kick recently and that sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It tasted so decadent. The best tea I've ever had, hands down.

      Delete
  5. I don't discriminate when it comes to squash, I love them all but I think my favorite is butternut! This recipe sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes butternut holds a special place in my heart now as well!

      Delete
  6. Your tea looks amazing! I've been drinking 3 + cups a day ... it's sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, I just found your blog! We have much in common. I too use to be an 8th grade language arts teacher. When I was out of college, my firt job offer was at a school in Arizona. After some debating, I turned it down because I did not want to leave the East Coast. Anyway, great blog. And my favorite squash is Spaghetti squash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really i am impressed from this post....the person who created this post is a generous and knows how to keep the readers connected..Thanks for sharing this with us found it informative and interesting. Looking forward for more updates..yoga teacher training in india |yoga therapy teachers training in india |yoga courses in india best yoga teacher training in india yttc

    ReplyDelete