12/8/13

MIMM + Egg Nog Protein Shake

Another weekend over, another week of work. How was your weekend? Mine was pretty fun. Lots of friend time and boyfriend time, and LOTS of laziness, especially yesterday. Steven and I watch the entire second season of American Horror Story while laying on the couch. Literally. That's all we did. I'm not even sorry.

Here are some a ton of pictures to recap the weekend!

Marvelous is.....


Yeah, duh. Rodney :)



Christmas shopping!


TEA. I think I have an obsession. I also went to Teavana (read: heaven) and got white chocolate peppermint tea. I DIE. Seriously so delicious.


My beautiful friend and her beautiful sweatshirt!


Being small enough that everyone's shoes look like clown shoes on me.


AZ sunsets


Our Christmas family photo!!


My other beautiful friend who took our pictures for us



This weekend was a ton of fun! Christmas shopping is probably my favorite thing in the entire world, or at least top 5. It's just so much fun!!! It's even more fun when you live in Tucson and it's sunny and 65 out and there's no snow on the ground when you're walking from your car to the stores.


As I said on Friday, egg nog is my favorite! It's just so delicious and yummy!! I can't get enough. I keep seeing everyone putting up pictures of coconut milk egg nog from Whole Foods that I reeeeeally need to try, but I did find a great egg nog from Trader Joe's that's doing JUST fine :) I can't get enough of protein shakes, and this shake does the trick.


Egg Nog Protein Shake

by Paige Podbelsek
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Ingredients (1 shake)
  • 3/4 cup light egg nog
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 5 ice cubes
  • Nutmeg
  • Cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla
Instructions
Add ingredients in blender and blend. Enjoy!!
Powered by Recipage

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How was your weekend? Are you ready to go back to work today?


20 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful there, and I totally love her sweater! What did you get at Lucy? I used to work there so I'm curious.

    Also, great recipe. I'll have to buy some egg nog to try it with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know that burger sweater was the best thing ever. And I can't tell you! I'm doing a gift exchange with some other bloggers through SPA and she will probably be reading my blog this week so I have to keep it a secret :)

      Delete
  2. The scenery of your photos are breathtaking & you both look stunning! Weekends involving relaxing with your favorite person are the best kind =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok now I really need to try egg nog! And I'm jealous you spent the weekend on the couch watching TV. I would have given anything for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never really been a egg nog fan. I actually haven't tried it since I was younger and decided I didn't like it lol so maybe it's time to get it another go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely! our taste palettes change as we get older I think...I used to hate so many foods that I know love!

      Delete
  5. Still never had egg nog....it scares me and I don't know why. But YES to TV watching marathons--seriously the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that gypsy tea brand! I've tried a really good green tea chai flavour. Love the idea for an eggnog protein shake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I loved it! Can't go wrong with any chai!

      Delete
  7. I love your Christmas family photo! Not sure I've mentioned this before, but your dog SO looks like a Rodney. Awesome naming, puppy mama! He looks like such a little snuggler, love it! - Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you! He is the best snuggler EVER and is my pride and joy :)

      Delete
  8. Your Christmas photo is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that dress! You look so pretty. I was a crazy person this weekend doing chores and errands but I'm hoping it pays off next weekend when I can just relaaaax!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to get my hands on those teas haha. I'm a total tea addict in the winter, I'm pretty sure it's my only form of actual hydration. I find it so hard to drink water when I'm cold. White chocolate peppermint tea sounds divine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUM! Can't wait to try this recipe! I'm an eggnog addict. oops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really i am impressed from this post....the person who created this post is a generous and knows how to keep the readers connected..Thanks for sharing this with us found it informative and interesting. Looking forward for more updates..yoga teacher training in india |yoga therapy teachers training in india |yoga courses in india best yoga teacher training in india yttc

    ReplyDelete