12/31/13

Goat Cheese Salad Recipe + Homemade Honey Mustard Dressing

 Hi friends! I am finally, officially home and staying home!! I did a lot of traveling over the last few weeks and it feels great to finally be staying in one spot.

I have been off and on with the blog because of my traveling and while I missed writing I also did enjoy disconnecting and taking a break from everything! While I was home I think I got on Facebook twice on my phone to put up pictures of my family aaaaaaand that was pretty much it! It was kind of nice to just remove myself from everything. However, I'm home and back at it today :) I have a few things to touch on since I've been gone the last week! We've been very busy...so heads up this post isn't very organized but I have confidence I'll get back into the swing of things this week :)




On the 23rd, when I got home from San Diego, Steven and I met up with some friends and walked through Winterhaven. Winterhaven is a neighborhood in Tucson that completely gets decked out with Christmas lights and decorations that you can walk through and admire at night. We saw some awesome houses, including these two; an Elf themed house and a gingerbread house! That is commitment, people.



Two of my wonderful Christmas gifts that I received from a friend! I've been wanting  cast iron teapot for ages and this one is fitting the bill.



I started joining in the #spelllikeayogi challenge on Instagram and got through L and O...I have about 6 days to catch up on but I'll get it all done today. 


Rodney and me on Christmas Eve.


Our Christmas lunch! Butternut squash soup, goat cheese salad, green bean casserole, salmon and.....


This delicious bird coated in about 20 strips of bacon!


And a lovely random picture of Rodney that Steven sent me while I was at home :)

So I made this salad for the first time for Christmas lunch and I can already tell it's going to be a staple around here because it was just SO delicious and incredibly simple! This is perfect for any last minute dinner parties or gatherings you're headed to because it takes about 5 minutes to prepare.


Goat Cheese Salad
Pecans (chopped or whole)
Sliced  grapes
Goat Cheese
Greens

Honey Mustard Dressing
Apple cider vinegar
Olive oil
Dijon mustard
Honey (or agave nectar)
Salt and pepper to taste

This is definitely going to be a new work go-to lunch salad. I love taking salads to work for lunch because they're so easy and this one is super simple. Also, I just LOVE honey mustard! It's so delicious!

I hope you all had a great holiday! I can't believe tonight is New Year's Eve...when we wake up tomorrow it will be 2014! It's insane. I'm not crazy about New Year's Resolutions so I think I'll be focusing on maintaining in 2014. Continuing to eat healthy, exercise often, spend time with friends and family and try to be the best teacher/girlfriend/friend/human being that I can be. 

What is your favorite go-to salad? Do you have any New Year's Resolutions for tomorrow??

3 comments:

  1. im not a big fan of salads but that one looks so good! great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know how you feel about disconnecting. I love blogging but it can be really draining sometimes! I love that photo of you on the beach! I pinned it!

    ReplyDelete