Hello beauties! Just another Tuesday. Last night I was so lucky to get in a little yoga before relaxing for the night and it just completely changed my attitude for the day. I wish I had done it this morning for a nice kick in the butt!
My leg felt OK to do about 20 minutes worth. I wanted something simple but effective, something that would make me sweat and feel good. Funnily enough, I had pinned this yoga sequence TEN months ago and guess who wrote it?? The lovely fabulous Kathryn Budig, my idol!! Too funny. Anyway I looked through a couple of those poses and put together a sequence that I knew would tone all of the muscle groups. I did this sequence 10 times, holding each pose for a few breaths. It looks so simple but trust me, it's a toughie! Go through on one side and then on the other.
I'll admit, I was pretty cranky yesterday. Why? I have no idea, really. I knew I had an easy day ahead of me and I knew it's my last week before break so I don't know what I was so whiny about, but there you have it. Anyway, when I got home I pushed through this and felt immensely better, physically and mentally. The power of yoga, people! I become more of a believer and addict day after day.
Fat Burning Yoga Sequence Instructions
1. Start in plank position. Keep arms locked and rear end up and even.
2. Drop shoulders down so that they are even with elbows. Keep tight in your core to stay even.
3. Roll over your toes and push arms straight. Lift through thighs and core so that the only body parts touching the ground are the tops of your feet and your palms. Look up! Breathe deep.
4. Roll back over toes and fall into down dog. Relax the neck, press palms hard into the ground and push the backs of your thighs backwards. For a nice stretch, bend one leg at a time
5. Lift right leg into air; swing forward to meet your hands. Drop your left foot flat on the ground at an angle. Lift arms straight up, tucking in your tailbone and lengthening through the spine.
6. Place hands on ground on either side of foot. Bring left foot to meet right foot. Keep in seated position and raise arms straight overhead for chair pose.
7. Bring hands to meet at your heart. Slowly twist to the left and lock your right elbow against your left knee, twisting softly at the spine while keeping your seated position.
8. Untwist; bring hands to ground in a forward fold. Step or hop back to plank position. Slowly rest the outside of right foot on the ground and roll into side plank.
9. Lift arm toward the sky and lift hips up high, away from the ground.
10. Roll off of the outside of your foot onto your toes in regular plank position. Go through sequence again on opposite side.
I also think my growing obsession with yoga is spawning a trend in my dressing...between this, Kathryn Budig (fellow Free People addict) and American Horror Story I'm slowing turning into a hippie gypsy Stevie Nicks witch....and it's SO FINE.
Last night's sunset after I finished up. Perfection.
My lunch yesterday was just SO spectacular. My incredible friend Sadia remade the salad we ate at Friendsgiving and saved me a portion for my lunch today. I topped it with two eggs and it was HEAVEN I'm not exaggerating. I can't wait to make it again next week! I will have to post the recipe when I get a chance...everyone needs to try this salad at some point in their lives :)
What's your favorite type of salad to eat? What's your favorite place to shop at? (I frequent Modcloth but lately have been buying everything Free People!)