12/3/13

Crock Pot Beef-Roast

OK, is there anything better or more convenient than a crock-pot? One of the greatest inventions ever. You can make anything from oats to soup to chicken or other meats, and there's very little prep and virtually no cooking involved. Just throw everything in the pot and walk away!

Last week the bf really wanted to do a beef roast in the crock pot. I normally am not a big beef fan, but this turned out SO super delicious and tender. It was a perfect cold-weather meal and so easy. I hope you enjoy it too!


Can we take a second to admire how handsome my boyfriend is? Seriously....he just gets better looking as the years go on.





______________________________________________________________________

Crock-Pot Beef Roast

by Paige Podbelsek
Keywords: slow-cooker entree winter
Ingredients
  • 4 small red potatoes
  • 2 cups baby carrots (or 2 medium carrots, cut)
  • 8 oz mushrooms
  • 1 medium onion, quartered
  • 1 boneless beef chuck roast
  • 1 can beef broth (or veggie broth)
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1.5 garlic gloves, minced
  • Marjoram
  • Thyme
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup cold water
Instructions
Place potatoes, carrots and onions in a slow cooker. Cut roast in half and put in slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine broth, honey, garlic, and spices and pour over top of roast. Put mushrooms on top. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Powered by Recipage

______________________________________________________________________





Sorry but I'm just too into my dog. He outdid himself on adorableness this last weekend!


I've been cramming all the oats in my face for a couple of weeks now....I go in and out of obsessions and this one has caught me again. I'll have the recipe for these cappuccino oats up later this week!


15 minutes of yoga yesterday was so delicious. I took it really easy on my right leg but stretched my left leg out as much as was comfortable. It felt incredible. I then did 15 minutes of arms and abs, and I'll have the workout up later this week as well! Namaste, friends.


A little motivation to get you through Tuesday. You can and you WILL!

What's your favorite thing to make in the slow cooker?

6 comments:

  1. Aw your comment on Stephen :) I love making different chicken dishes in the slow cooker. And oatmeal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes oatmeal in the crock pot is the absolute best!

      Delete
  2. CROCK POTS ARE THE BEST INVENTION IN THE WORLD. No joke. I'm glad you were able to do 15 mins of yoga!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Love my crock pot! Looks good, and yes your bf is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the slow cooker in the winter! I made some pork tacos last week that turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete