12/4/13

Arms and Abs Workout + Trader Joe's Escursion

Happy Thursday! I hope this post finds you all well, healthy, and happy.

Yesterday was a fantastic day for me. Why, you ask? Because I took my first real shopping trip to Trader Joe's! I have been there twice with my friend Sadia and picked up one or two things, but yesterday I did a real grocery shopping trip...got everything I needed. It. Was. Amazing. So cheap, organic, delicious. I am so thrilled every time I look in my refrigerator and pantry and see all of the yummy food!! The only thing I'm upset about is that I was planning to make Erin's chocolate PB banana bites with almonds but I forgot to pick up dark chocolate :( That's what the weekends are for I guess; grocery shopping and recipe making!

Earlier this week I did an Arms and Abs circuit, as I told you here. This was a great way to get in a sweat without putting any pressure on my leg. I did each arms and abs circuit twice. It felt great to move around! I'm still trying to figure out what to do about this lame leg though. 


I think this is one of my favorite combos, arms and abs. I was exhausted after finishing this!


And now on to some random tidbits for the day...these fantastic holiday teas!


This tea pot that I desperately want for Christmas but just realized you can't heat cast iron on a stove....so I'll just gaze at it's pretty style :)


Motivation! Believe in yourself :)


Even though I can't do a full yoga session I can still kick Astavakrasana's ass! This is probably my favorite pose ever...so much fun.

What is your favorite thing to buy from Trader Joe's?

16 comments:

  1. Trader Joe excursions makes me so excited, just like Whole Foods outings! ;)

    - GiGi Eats Celebrities
    http://gigieatscelebrities.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes having your pantry and fridge full of healthy food is the best feeling in the world!!

      Delete
  2. A friend of mine gave me a cast iron tea pot and I totally thought I could make tea with it... Good thing the first time I tried to use it my husband was there to say, "Um, what are you doing putting that on the stove?!" Ha!

    Oh how I love TJ's! I'm obsessed with their precooked lentils, Pink Lady apples (they're always so crisp and sweet!), dark chocolate caramels and almond butter with sea salt. I was just there today actually :)

    -Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm so glad I realized that before I bought it!! TJ's apples are delicious I got a couple Pink Lady and Honey crisps!

      Delete
  3. I have yet to visit a Trader Joe's but being so close to the border (in Vancouver, British Columbia) I hope to soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU HAVE TO I felt like the mothership was calling me home.

      Delete
  4. I hope they don't run out of their teas before I get to Minnesota in 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Davida you HAVE to try the candy cane one! It's sosososos delicious!

      Delete
  5. I think I have been ignoring my arms too much lately, this will help me get back into it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for arms and abs! I never really shop at Trader Joes but I'd probably buy some yummy but butters or those teas you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a fantastic cocoa swirl and cookie butter spread that is to DIE for.

      Delete
  7. I love Trader Joe's and the prices are unbeatable! The arms and abs workout looks fabulous!!

    Jen@PregnantDiabetic
    http://thepregodiabetic.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes completely agree!!! They are the best!

      Delete
  8. You are rocking those yoga poses!

    My favorite item to buy from TJ's is this colby swiss cheese. Random, but I love it. Oh, and their almond milk. It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! OMG any swiss cheese is automatically my favorite thing ever :)

      Delete