11/13/13

{WIAW} + Roasted Acorn Squash

Hey guys! Heads up: Today's WIAW is kind of lame in terms of what I actually ate, but I do have a simple but delicious acorn squash recipe so you might want to keep reading. Maybe :) 



I've been eating this a LOT lately...tuna with greek yogurt, salsa, garlic with bell peppers. It's a perfect snack to munch on after school.


I've also been eating pumpkin spice french toast quite frequently as well...like maybe almost every day? It's fine.


I've been eating this loaded sweet potato pretty much every day as well. I'm a creature of habit! Baked sweet potato, Greek yogurt, salsa and goat cheese. Deeeeelish!

I keep forgetting to take pictures of my meals so I don't have much for today, but I did roast some acorn squash yesterday for the first time and I'm officially in love.





Roasted Acorn Squash
Preheat oven to 375. Cut and scoop seeds out of squash. Slice and sprinkle with olive oil, cinnamon, and sugar (or Stevia). Cook for 30 minutes. When 20 minutes has passed, drizzle with maple syrup or agave and stick in oven for ten more minutes.

This was my first time with acorn squash and it was so delicious! I loved it and can't wait to make it again.


Unfortunately though, I injured myself yesterday, and I'm extremely upset. 


This little guy (the tendon connected to my hamstring behind/on side of my knee) is pulled pretty bad. I had the most INCREDIBLE home practice yesterday morning. I followed a yogalo class online and did about 30 minutes of intense stretching and 30 minutes of poses. I was on a cloud all day long and it just felt awesome. That was at 9 am. Last night at about 7 pm I felt a twinge around my knee. The pain started to get worse and worse pretty quickly. When I went to get out of bed this morning my knee couldn't take my body weight :(  I asked the PE teacher/football coach at school today and he said it was probably a pulled tendon from all the stretching/yoga I did yesterday (I did the splits....I really think that's what did it). So now I've got to ice and heat for a few days and get off my feet.

I know I know it could be worse but.....I'm so not happy. Being told not to be active is very frustrating to me. I need some sort of physical release through working out. I can't even take Rodney on a walk it hurts so bad. I don't like being "bedridden" from activity....I feel like a slob. Sigh. I know! It's not that bad. Hopefully I'll be fine very soon. I just want to stretch and get into down dog so bad right now :)

What's the worst sports injury you have had? Do you get frustrated when you are sidelined for awhile or do you look forward to a break?

4 comments:

  1. Everything you've been eating looks so great!! But I'm so sorry about your injury :( Hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!!! Be careful lady. Even yoga can do you in sometimes! Currently at 2 months of not working out. It can be frustrating at times but you MUST listen to your body and let it heal or the injuries just keep coming back and getting worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you bounce back soon from the injury!

    -Elise @ 9toFit.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain, I HATE being sidelined from exercise too. I've been dealing with a never-ending calf injury from a couple years ago, which helped cause a foot injury earlier this year. I'm still dealing with both even after wearing a cast and letting it rest for awhile, and it drives me crazy! I think that us active people don't recover as well from things because we have a hard time resting and letting things heal! Ha. Sending you well wishes! -- Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness [ Your comment thing still hates me :( ]

    ReplyDelete