11/27/13

{WIAW} and Thanksgiving Break

Hey guys! Today is such a fantastic day. It's beautiful outside, I'm off school, I got a wonderful report from the doctor this morning, and I am spending the day with a dear friend and eating our Friendsgiving leftovers.

Last night my friends came over and we spent 3 hours making a delicious feast. Seriously, best food I've had EVER.


Started with a salad from Gwenyth Paltrow's It's All Good. Arugala with roasted beets, butternut squash, and shallots with a dijon vinegarette. Literally the most delicious salad I've ever had.



Garlic bread in the back


The best soup I've ever tasted in my 25 years of living. Butternut squash soup from scratch with ginger, honey, whipping cream, garlic, broth, salt and pepper. So incredibly delicious. I kept the extra squash so that I could make it again next weekk!


Roasted brussel sprouts


A snapshot of dinner making...Parmesan cheese, squash, cream, mushrooms, and thyme. So much thyme. 


AND the best chicken in the world, with the most simple recipe EVER. Salt and pepper, baby. Salt and pepper.

We had the best time! Watched a Lifetime movie and ate so much food. It was a perfect Friendsgiving. After looking at our dinner and what we did, this is actually now a typical Tuesday for us but still. Friendsgiving.


Even better was breakfast this morning. Sadia took me to my doctor appointment (I'll recap after the pictures) and then we came back to my house to finish off the salad with eggs on top (even better than the salad the night before) and a cup of yogi tea. Also finished off the soup. All while watching American Horror Story Season 1...that show is honestly just the best.


Yesterday I got to READ at lunch!! Second time I've had time to do that this year and it was so so so delightful. I've read Gillian Flynn's Dark Places before and it gets better and better each time.

So! My leg hurt so badly Monday that I couldn't walk on it. I freaked out and just made a doctor's appointment for this morning. Yesterday it didn't hurt at all, for the first time in 2.5 weeks, but I was like, hey yesterday I couldn't walk so there must be a serious injury. Well I woke up this morning and it feels perfectly fine. Out of nowhere. Nothing wrong.

So I got Xrays, told the doctor everything that had happened, down to the last detail, and he checked out my leg. This is what he told me: Sounds exactly like tendinitis, which I thought it was, and sometimes the pain can be sporadic, and I need to slowly get back into exercise. He said it's not serious, nothing permanent, just need to start getting back into yoga maybe with 10-15 minutes a day and work up to my normal practice as my body starts to readjust. 

So, yeah. I feel a lot better and was definitely worth the $25 to get peace of mind (LOVE my insurance). I don't need crutches, or medication, or surgery, or anything...just take it easy as I start to ease back into my normal routine. A perfect thing to hear at Thanksgiving....one more thing to be so thankful for. Isn't that funny how that works though....it's been hurting so bad and the minute I get to the doctor it is fine. He compared it to taking your car into the auto shop and when you get there it stops acting up. Anyway.

I hope you all have a beautiful Thanksgiving with friends and family and other loved ones, and I hope you take a moment to reflect on the things you are thankful for. 

I will be in San Diego (eeeee!!!) starting tomorrow and won't be back until Sunday! Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend. I am thankful for all of you that read my blog and wish you the best on Thanksgiving (the best holiday ever).

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! Glad to hear the leg is nothing serious!

    ReplyDelete