11/5/13

{WIAW 16} It's All Good :)

Hello beautifuls! It's Wednesday which means the week is basically over, right?! Right. I'm super excited to share my What I Ate Wednesday post today. Instead of showing you multiple meals, I'm going to focus on the meal I had last night with the loves of my life.


My friend decided she wanted to cook through a whole cookbook. We went to Target and browsed and I saw Gwenyth Paltrow's "It's All Good" cookbook. I have heard so many good things about this book....the food is all clean, and there are many vegan recipes as well. Everything is healthy and made from fresh ingredients. She picked it up and we decided to cook a meal out of the cookbook for dinner. Very pleased with how it turned out!


Our head chef


Fresh ingredients!





Italian chicken with a quinoa mushroom side dish and a salad with tahini dressing. The meal wasn't the most flavorful thing I've ever eaten in my life but it was SO delicious, fresh, and fulfilling. I spent a little bit of time flipping through the other recipes and I really recommend picking it up. There are so many clean eating recipes that are simple to make.


I also made these deeeelicious PB&J muffins today! I will post the recipe tomorrow. I'm THRILLED with how these came out....they're so yummy.


Pumpkin spice french toast with eggs over easy and salsa and avocado.


A little scorpion practice :)

I hope this Wednesday is fabulous for you! I got in a great workout late last night after my friends left and I'm so glad I did. Working out makes me a happier person!! 

What physical activity did you do yesterday? Have you heard of Gwenyth's new cookbook?

6 comments:

  1. Have I mentored how I''m jealous of your scorpion pose? Well if I haven't I'M JEALOUS! ;)

    -Elise @ 9toFit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha thanks! I can't hold it for all that long but practice makes perfect!

      Delete
  2. I've definitely read and copied a few recipes from Gwyneth's cookbook. To be honest I didn't find it to be particularly inventive but definitely a few good recipes in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...nothing crazy but I like having so many healthy options all in one printed place! I LOVED the tahini salad recipe.

      Delete
  3. I have heard of Gwyneth's new cookbook but I'm always a little wary with her only because I feel like she goes through phases with her eating and exercise habits but I know clean eating is more of a lifestyle than a fad diet so this is probably a safe bet! Glad you enjoyed your meal! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah she personally isn't my favorite.....seems a little extreme and just...off?? But the recipes are definitely doable for every day if you have the time to cook them up.

      Delete