11/5/13

Pumpkin Spice French Toast

Today is a beautiful day. I mean, beautiful. It's about 80 degrees, the sun is shining, and there is the slightest breeze ever...just enough to brush upon your skin. Today is a beautiful day :)

Today is even more beautiful because of my brunch! This morning was a bad one. I'm not going to get into it but I made a mistake. A big one. And now I'm paying it. I've been dealing with it for the last few days. Also, Steven is not doing well. His elbow is giving in constant pain and we think he might have bruised/cracked/possibly broken a rib now. He pushes himself soooo hard physically and might really have a serious injury now. Therefore, I'm feeling a little stressed this morning. So! I made brunch, and boy did it cheer me up really quickly.

Stores are getting rid of all the fall/pumpkin/squash stuff now that Christmas is technically on the way, but I'm sooooooo not finished with pumpkin. I will be eating pumpkin every single day until Thanksgiving! And probably even after that. But it's still ACCEPTABLE until Thanksgiving, people, so let's not get too crazy for Christmas just yet!

Therefore, I bring you Pumpkin Spice French Toast. Embrace the pumpkin.




(also two eggs over easy with salsa and avocado. Have you ever seen a more perfect meal? I didn't think so.)
Pumpkin Spice French Toast

by Paige Podbelsek
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: breakfast fall
Ingredients (2 servings)
  • 2 slices Ezekiel bread (or wheat bread)
  • 1/2-3/4 cup egg whites
  • 1/4-1/3 almond milk
  • Pumpkin spice
  • For Toppings:
  • Pumpkin butter
  • Protein icing (protein powder whisked with water)
Instructions
Mix egg whites, almond milk and pumpkin spice. Dip bread into mixture and cook in skillet. Top with pumpkin butter and protein icing. Love your life and love pumpkin :)
Powered by Recipage


Rodney always cheers me up when I'm down too. He's such a stinkin cutie that I almost can't take it.


I'll try not to bore you too much with more yoga, but something clicked with my handstands Friday. I've been practicing and practicing and practicing. At one point on Friday instead of feeling myself fling up I felt myself lift through my core. Every since Friday I have been balancing so much easier and longer as I feel myself lift my body up from the floor instead of just kicking my legs up and hoping blindly for the best. I held this pose for 4 pictures on my self timer so that's 8 seconds since it goes off every two seconds. I'm extremely happy with that. Like off the wall happy! I don't even know exactly what changed but all of a sudden I got control and have been lifting with it ever since.


And finally, a little motivation for both you and me. I have done handstand practice today but I need to get in a good workout this afternoon. I'll be honest, I'm pretty good at procrastinating. I tend to put things off, but today I CANNOT put off my workout, and neither can you! Don't think about it, make it happen! 

What comfort foods lift your mood when you're down? I tend to go towards breakfast foods....french toast, pancakes, crepes, something warm and gooey and sweet.

5 comments:

  1. Very inspiring!!
    The toast looks delightful and perfect for this season!! :) Thanks for reminding me that we can't just 'think' about anything and expect things to change! You are very inspiring! Thanks Paige!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That french toast looks so good! I hope things get better for you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so perfect. Things could always be worse...I just keep telling myself that and it's true. Just a few road bumps.

      Delete
  3. Brunch always cheers me up!! Hope the day turned out better for you!

    ReplyDelete