11/7/13

PB&J Muffins

Thursday. Thursday. Thursday. Soooo close! I just want to sleep in a little, ya know? Of course sleeping in means 6:30 am but still. 

There are a couple of things you should know about me, and if you know me well, this isn't anything new. 

1) I am a morning person. Really, I am. Waking up after 7 am doesn't ever happen and if it does I feel like I've wasted half of the day, even if my Saturday mornings are frequently spent on the couch browsing blogs and watching Friends while I eat breakfast.

2) There are two flavors/food combos I cannot live without...mint chocolate and PB&J. I just LOVE peanut butter and jelly. Like, LOVE. I'm not sure why. I definitely ate PB&J sandwiches when I was younger, and I used to love it when my mom cooked them like grilled cheese on the stove, but in the last 3 years or so I can't get enough of PB&J flavored everything. 

Why are these facts important? Well I was craving a muffin yesterday. Muffins are one of my favorite breakfast foods and they're perfect to eat first thing in the morning when I'm getting up! They are quick to grab on the go, and homemade healthy muffins are light and delicious, which in the morning is what I usually want so that my stomach isn't weighted down first thing.

I remembered pinning a "Magic Muffin Mix" pin on Pinterest a loooong time ago. I dug it up in my Food board and kind of scrunched up my face....1 cup of flour and 1 cup of Stevia. Uhhhh that just doesn't sound right at all. So I altered the ingredients and made my own PB&J flavor :)










These are DELICIOUS. I ate three today. I'm not sorry.

PB&J Muffins

by Paige Podbelsek
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: bake breakfast
Ingredients (18 muffins)
  • 2 cups oat flour (or whole wheat)
  • 1/3-1/2 cup Stevia
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 egg whites
  • 2 large spoonfuls all natural peanut butter
  • 2 large spoonfuls sugar free jam/jelly
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350
Mix liquid ingredients
Mix dry ingredients in
Fill muffin pan with liners and spray lightly with cooking spray
Bake 18-20 minutes
Powered by Recipage


Are you a morning or evening person? Do you have any food combos you can't resist??



10 comments:

  1. I agree about being a morning person, and I also LOVE love breakfast, though lately I've been feeling bleh about it. It's the problem of not wanting to feel weighted down, like you said. I think homemade muffins would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes muffins are the best! I like one with a small bowl of oats. Love it.

      Delete
  2. This recipe looks amazing, I will definitely be trying! :) I don't know if theses are technically food combos but peanut butter with just about anything and I LOVE cereal. I could eat an entire box if I let myself. :) Oh and I am absolutely am morning person. I totally agree after 7am is sleeping the day away. I honestly can't remember the last time I slept past seven and I seem to be waking even earlier these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I. LOVE. CEREAL!! It's seriously one of my weaknesses! I could sit and eat 5 bowls of Cinnamon Toast Crunch with my eyes closed. And I think the morning thing has always been true for me but it's definitely gotten earlier and earlier in the last three years or so!

      Delete
  3. I guess I am kind of a morning person but not as early as you. I just feel more awake and ready to get things done in the morning. I like to relax in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the same way...all I want to do when I get home from work is lay down on the couch!

      Delete
  4. Love seeing you in the reflection of the oven! And 1 cup of stevia sounds awful!!! Yikes. Yours sound much better.

    I used to hate the J in PB & J but I have totally come around. I still like my plain PB sandwiches but I'll eat them with jelly, unlike I used to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I didn't even do that on purpose but I loved how it turned out. :) I am so in love with PB but jelly is the best part of PB&J to me...don't know why but I just love it! Jam, actually :)

      Delete
  5. I'm a morning person when I'm not tired ;) Honestly, I love afternoons!
    And your muffins look so so so yummy <3

    ReplyDelete