Thursday. Thursday. Thursday. Soooo close! I just want to sleep in a little, ya know? Of course sleeping in means 6:30 am but still.
There are a couple of things you should know about me, and if you know me well, this isn't anything new.
1) I am a morning person. Really, I am. Waking up after 7 am doesn't ever happen and if it does I feel like I've wasted half of the day, even if my Saturday mornings are frequently spent on the couch browsing blogs and watching Friends while I eat breakfast.
2) There are two flavors/food combos I cannot live without...mint chocolate and PB&J. I just LOVE peanut butter and jelly. Like, LOVE. I'm not sure why. I definitely ate PB&J sandwiches when I was younger, and I used to love it when my mom cooked them like grilled cheese on the stove, but in the last 3 years or so I can't get enough of PB&J flavored everything.
Why are these facts important? Well I was craving a muffin yesterday. Muffins are one of my favorite breakfast foods and they're perfect to eat first thing in the morning when I'm getting up! They are quick to grab on the go, and homemade healthy muffins are light and delicious, which in the morning is what I usually want so that my stomach isn't weighted down first thing.
I remembered pinning a "Magic Muffin Mix" pin on Pinterest a loooong time ago. I dug it up in my Food board and kind of scrunched up my face....1 cup of flour and 1 cup of Stevia. Uhhhh that just doesn't sound right at all. So I altered the ingredients and made my own PB&J flavor :)
These are DELICIOUS. I ate three today. I'm not sorry.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: bake breakfast
Ingredients (18 muffins)
- 2 cups oat flour (or whole wheat)
- 1/3-1/2 cup Stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 egg whites
- 2 large spoonfuls all natural peanut butter
- 2 large spoonfuls sugar free jam/jelly
Preheat oven to 350
Mix liquid ingredients
Mix dry ingredients in
Fill muffin pan with liners and spray lightly with cooking spray
Bake 18-20 minutes
Powered by Recipage
Are you a morning or evening person? Do you have any food combos you can't resist??