11/25/13

{MIMM} and Why Thanksgiving Is My Favorite Holiday

Oh, today is juuuust marvelous, don't you think? I mean, it's Thanksgiving week! I'll be honest....Thanksgiving is my FAVORITE holiday ever. And I'll tell you why, right after I show you why my weekend was so awesome :)


Watched this movie for the first time ever and HOLY CRAP it's my new favorite. Why is my life not like this? Why am I not in an acapella group? Does anyone know of any Tucson groups I could join?! Because that would be like, the aca-shit. 



My lovely friend, a former baker, made me this delicious and beautiful cake! For no reason other than to put a smile on my face! Friends are the best!!


Friends are definitely the best. Went shooting in the desert last night with some coworkers/friends and it was a blast and I'm in love with Erin :)


Got ready to leave for work this morning and I found my little weiner hiding in the blanket to stay warm....I mean I die.


Chilly rainy Saturday mornings! Friday it rained all day, which it hasn't done since this summer, and I was so irritated. I had places to go and people to see! Rain is the pits. However, Saturday morning I really enjoyed it as I sat on my couch drinking my Yogi tea cuddled up in a sweater.


Always and forever! No shame.



Cheesecake Factory lunch date with my boyfriend and one of his teammates! I got a seared tuna salad and of course a huge slice of red velvet cheesecake extreme. I'm not a huge cheesecake fan but I AM a huge a fan of red velvet :) I ate about half and the other half is sitting in my refrigerator crying to me....


Aaaaand Catching Fire with my lovely friends! If you know me at all, you know the livelihood of my work is teaching The Hunger Games to my kids. I'm obsessed, they're obsessed, they WANT to read and they enjoy my class. It's basically the best thing that's happened to my teaching career. I went with my friends (who are all also coworkers) and about 20 of my kids. It was fantastic to watch them see the things we read in class come to life on the screen, and I actually really liked the movie. It's hard to get a Language Arts teacher to enjoy a book-turned-movie. Book's always better, but CF was actually really good. 

I think MIMM posts are a great way to recap the weekend, but they're so perfect for Thanksgiving week especially! It's a perfect way to think about some of the things that you are thankful for and the things that make your life a good one.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday for a few reasons. First, let's not beat around the bush here. Thanksgiving rocks because of all at the food. I know it, you know it, seriously....the food.

But I also love Thanksgiving because I love being surrounded by family. When I lived in Illinois we always went to my grandparents' house on my mom's side. We would eat lunch, then lay around all day and eat some more. We would also play Password and watch Christmas Vacation for the first time of the season. Sometimes might even fit in a nap or two :)

Now, things are a little different. Steven, Rodney and I go to San Diego to stay with some of his family members. I mean, I adore SD. But it's also just nice being with family...especially when I can't be with my own. I like being surrounded by people that I know care about me and that I care about. Also, you know, the food.

Thanksgiving, basically, is the best. Food, family, friends, fun. Having a day dedicated to being thankful is also nice. I have SO much to be thankful for. Sometimes it's hard to keep that in mind when things are down, but this week/month/season is all about focusing on the positive.

Enough rambling :) I hope your Monday is awesome!! I only have two days of work this week so I'm smiles all around.

What is your favorite part of Thanksgiving? What are you thankful for this holiday?

10 comments:

  1. Kind of want to ditch work right now and see catching fire. I wonder if I'd get fired? Also how do I get in with your friend? I could use that cake right about now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally worth it. It was great! Finnick Odair is my dream :) Haha Sadia is a fantastic baker....I'm lucky to have her as a friend, for MANY reasons, but that one is up towards the top of the list!

      Delete
  2. I wish my friends randomly made me cakes!

    -Elise @ 9toFit.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I love Pitch Perfect. It is the most hilarious movie! I just wish I could sing . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you sing?! If so, I'm jealous. I would love for my life to be an a cappella group, but only if I could sing. And wow great friend LUCKYYYYY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never claim to be a fantastic singer but I think I can hold my own :)

      Delete
  5. How have you not seen Pitch Perfect?! It's the best movie ever! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1.) That cake is definitely beautiful, 2.) I also love Yogi tea and 3.) I am equally obsessed with The Hunger Games! I have a movie date with my mom next month to see it when I'm in my home state, but I'm kind of dying to see it NOW! - Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness :)

    ReplyDelete