11/8/13

Living Room Workout + Friday Favorites

Oh lovelies. I hope Friday finds you all well! Things are fine and dandy over here. I found myself looking forward to doing my Friday favorites roundup today even though I don't really have a ton to share. 

Ugh. Holding my hand. Can't stand it!


Rockin out in a forearm stand. I was SUPER hesitant to put this picture up here or on Instagram. I feel like my legs and butt just look HUGE and the top half of my body looks weirdly small. It's true that I'm pretty bottom heavy. I've been getting much more comfortable in my body but for some reason this picture freaked me out....like are my legs that huge?! But then I mostly got over it because I'm proud I was able to balance my huge butt in a kickass forearm stand! Plus my arms are lookin goooood baby.


Speaking of my huge butt....DailyHIIT is tellin me that my big backside is actually making me healthier. I'll take it.

My new favorite snack! Greek yogurt, Stevia, unsweetened cocoa powder and berries. Delicious chocolate berry yogurt :)


This infographic: How Yoga Changes Your Body


This AWESOME Tumblr...someone created Fictitious Dishes from Famous Works Of Literature 


And finally, my favorite thing this Friday is this Living Room Workout!

So, I never renewed my membership to my gym. It's just an expense that I feel like I can do without, now that I'm doing yoga at the studio, at home, and have equipment to work out at my house. Plus I can go with Steven as his rugby helper on the weekends so it works out anyway! I will be completely honest, even though I'm somewhat ashamed....I have been slacking on weight training workouts. And it's showing. My arms look great from yoga but my stomach is softer than it has been and I'm not exactly thrilled about it. So this week I managed to pull together 3 strength training workouts. This is the one I did last night and I almost couldn't finish it. I know I know it looks super easy but just trust me...it's not. Run this 3 times through and tell me how easy it is!


I love going to the gym, I really do. I love going to the yoga studio even more. But you know what I love most about fitness?? You really DON'T have to go to these places, or pay money, to be fit, healthy, and in shape :) All you need is a body and your living room! I used weights for the squats in this but you definitely don't have to. It can be a total bodyweight workout.

Thanks Heather for hosting again this week! It's a great way to wrap up a busy week by focusing on things that make you happy! (I think I said almost the EXACT same thing in my post from last Friday....it's fine.)
Housewife Glamour

What are you diggin this Friday?

14 comments:

  1. Your yoga pictures are awesome! I wish I could some of those poses, def don't be afraid to post them! You look great!

    -Elise @ 9toFit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate the support!

      Delete
  2. I love that yoga picture! It's amazing that you can do that! I love working out in my living room. It's so convenient and easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm working on being able to hold it longer but I'm pretty happy with my progress.

      Delete
  3. I'm sure you hear this a lot but you're really good at yoga, and your pictures never cease to amaze me. I can only HOPE to be that good someday. I also really like that infographic--makes me only want to improve! Have a great weekend lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome forearm stand pic!! i have yet to master arm stands. this pose is definitely on my yoga bucket list lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been working really hard at it.

      Delete
  5. You actually blow my mind with your crazy yoga moves...and to think you only started this year! Ever thought of becoming a yoga instructor? You definitely have the skill and the yogi insight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually have been thinking about it lately. Don't think I can afford it right now but in the next year or so I think it's a definite possibility.

      Delete
  6. You are such an inspiration - you are actually the reason I started doing yoga and working on the forearm stands, handstands, and crow pose :)
    And how do you do squat leg lifts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously can't tell you how much I appreciate you telling me that. That's so awesome.....thank you and I'm glad I could encourage you to try new things!!

      Squat leg lifts= squat then lift your right leg to the side with a straight leg, feeling the crunch in your abs. Squat and lift your left leg to the side, and so on and so forth!

      Delete
  7. NICE! and I love that chat about how yoga changes your body!! :) I saw it on pinterest! So nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of these favorites. Congrats on the forearm stand and that workout looks great!

    Thanks so much for the shout out and for linking up. Have a great rest of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete