11/14/13

Living Room HIIT Workout Routine

Thanks for the well wishes on my leg, all! I'm feeling much better today but definitely am taking it easy the rest of the week. I think I'll go to my yoga class on Sunday if I keep feeling better like I do today but until then just focus on good, clean eating and staying hydrated while my leg completely heals. I don't like being benched! At all!

Especially today, as I prepare my post for the blog. Today I have an awesome Daily HIIT workout for you guys and I'm so sad that I can't do it today like I planned :( I got this workout at Daily HIIT. Their workouts are hit or miss with me....some of them I don't love and just do once and some I latch onto and do over and over. This is definitely one of the latter! I did it Saturday before we went tailgating and thought I'd try my hand at putting together some picture tutorials on how to do each move, even though you really could just go here to their website and watch the video. I wanted to give it a shot though! 

So the workout is 50 seconds on, 10 seconds off, 3 rounds of 5 exercises for a total of 15 minutes. I love every single move here and I was dripping sweat by the time I finished.  Also PS please excuse my goofy form in the lunge pictures....I just....yeah I have no excuse. I hate lunges and I suck at them it's fine!

The Exercises
Squat Press
Jump Lunge Burpee
Walk Out Plank Push Up
Deadlift+Row+Bicep Curl
Mountain Climbers+Push Ups





You can use a sandbag or hand weights for any of the exercises that require weights. I went with a sandbag but next time I'll probably switch to 15 lb weights for the bicep curl part because that felt a little awkward with the sandbag.

HIIT is just SO GOOD for you and for your heart and overall well being. I get an adrenaline rush in workouts like this that I don't get doing other exercises. Daily HIIT is a great website to get fantastic workouts for 20 minutes and under. They used to be BodyRock but recently transitioned. Their website is much easier to follow with everything in one spot. 

Do you use any fitness websites for workouts? What is your favorite?

11 comments:

  1. This is so great Paige!! Even if you don't have a gym membership, you remind us that there are no excuses!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah definitely don't have to go to the gym to be in shape :)

      Delete
  2. This looks great! Glad you're taking the time to rest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you for the reminder that I need to just be PATIENT :)

      Delete
  3. I've just returned to doing a lot of the Daily HIIT workouts! Thanks for posting this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cool Paige! I love your take on the Daily HIIT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your leg gets better super duper fast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz :) Hope you're feeling better as well!

      Delete
  6. Lunges do suck, no argument here!

    -Elise@9toFit.com

    ReplyDelete