11/15/13

Friday Favorites + Chocolate Protein Cake

It's time to start the weekend! Well, after I go to work and read with crazy 8th graders. This weekend is sure to be a fun one...I have lots of best friend time planned with my girls :)

It's favorite things Friday! Check out Heather's blog for the other girls' favorite things.

Housewife Glamour


Crappy picture BUT....The Book Thief movie comes out in two weeks and I couldn't be more excited. If you're a reader and are looking for a good book, READ THIS BOOK. It's incredible.


Yesterday's sunrise. Could it BE any more beautiful?? I literally live in heaven.


I bought my tickets home for Christmas break! I will be back in Illinois Dec 26-30 and I can't wait to see my family and friends. I adore Tucson but my heart is in Illinois.


I'm. Obsessed. Seriously. Wednesday's episode was the shit. Sorry but seriously it was.


San Diego! Steven Rodney and I are going to SD for Thanksgiving and me and my girl friends are going at the start of Christmas break...I literally can't wait. I was made to live in San Diego...it's my favorite place EVER. I'm so excited to stand on the rocks, close my eyes and smell the ocean. Sigh. (Picture taken on Spring Break in 2010 in La Jolla)


This Chocolate Protein Cake. DELICIOUS. The perfect sweet snack for the end of the day! (Recipe at bottom of page)



Chocolate Protein Cake

by Paige Podbelsek
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 2 mins
Ingredients (1 serving)
  • 1/3-1/2 cup oat flour
  • 1 scoop protein powder
  • 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 packet Stevia
  • 1 egg white
  • 1/3 cup almond milk
  • 1 spoonful Greek yogurt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • For Icing
  • 1 scoop protein powder whisked with water
  • and/or
  • Unsweetened cocoa powder whisked with Stevia and almond milk for a healthy chocolate sauce
Instructions
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl/mug. Put in microwave for approx. 2 minutes. Whisk icing or chocolate sauce in a bowl and top on cake. Eat out of bowl or flip upside down on a plate.
Powered by Recipage

What are some things you are loving this Friday? Any fun plans for the weekend?

16 comments:

  1. Looks great! Love anything done in 2 mins :) I need to read that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I have a confession: I wasn't super into AHS this year so I stopped watching. Does that make me a terrible person? I only watched the first two episodes so maybe I needed to give it longer but I LOVED last season and they're just so different. Ah well anyway...happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no it doesn't! This season is very different. I'm just obsessed with the show in general....I thought last season was much better but I still get addicted.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, I'm so jealous you are going to San Diego!! It's on my list. We were actually going to go in 2010 but it was unseasonably cold in August and I'm a wuss so we went to Orange County instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha OC is beautiful too! I just can't ever get enough of San Diego :)

      Delete
  4. Love the sunrise! And this weekend, I have a baby think it over (more on my blog at some point)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! What a great idea to make a cake healthier!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything sweet+healthy is my kind of food!

      Delete
  6. So funny, I'm going to San Diego for Thanksgiving too! I moved from there to Northern Cali earlier this year and miss it so much. I seriously think it's the best place to live in the U.S.!! -- Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I will live there one day!!

      Delete
  7. eveyrone has been raving about american horror story but i'm too much of a scardy cat to watch!!! how scary is it? like give me nightmares scary?

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nahhhh not nightmare scary, not this season anyway. It's so awesome!

      Delete
  8. I can't wait to see that movie!!! Where did you get that necklace?

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    http://acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too! I don't have that necklace I just needed an image for that part....I think I googled "I love Illinois" and it gave me that. I have seen necklaces like that on Etsy before though!

      Delete