11/22/13

Dear Yoga Mat...

Dear Yoga Mat...


First, can I just say that I miss you? I mean, I know we've seen each other for meditation the last few days but I miss really, you know, getting into you.

But thank you.  Thank you for being there every day that I've needed you, which is most days. Thank you for making me push myself harder than I ever thought possible.



Thank you for not judging me. You're supportive whether I show up for 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 90 minutes, and you are just glad that I'm there, even if it isn't for long.

Thank you for showing me how beautiful and strong I am. I find myself worrying less and less about how much I weigh as I see myself progress when I'm with you. My physical and mental strength and happiness means so much more than a number on the scale.


Thank you for pushing me out of my comfort zone. Upside down? On my head? On my forearms? In my dreams! But those dreams have come a reality as you have forced me to open my eyes to see what I truly am capable of..which is a lot more than I could have ever imagined.

Thank you for listening. I've cried on you. I've slowed everything down until I can feel each muscle ready to break. I've sped practice up quickly enough that my mind doesn't have time to think. I've even fallen asleep on you a time or two :) Thank you for being there every time I've needed to think, reflect, push myself, release anger or anxiety, celebrate my accomplishments, make decisions or think about who I am.


But most of all, thank you for understanding me, for being my silent partner for the last two and a half months. You get me like no one else does. You know what I want and how to help me get there. You know how to make me feel good from inversions to even just laying on my back in savasana :) 


Thanks for being there when I need you and for hanging out in the corner waiting even when I don't. Thanks for letting me know that whenever I'm ready, you'll be there!
_____________________________________________________
Housewife Glamour

Today is Favorites Friday with Heather at Housewife Glamour. My favorite thing today is my yoga mat :) We had a nice meditation tonight (which is really hard FYI) and I just want Mandy (get it...she's a Manduka...) to know how much I appreciate her! I'm lame, it's fine. Have a great weekend guys :)

What is your favorite thing today?!

11 comments:

  1. love this post! what type of yoga mat this that btw?

    -ELise @ 9toFIt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Manduka! Best investment I have made towards fitness in a very long time. Really recommend it...I got the Eko lite for 50 bucks.

      Delete
  2. This is such a nice post! I'm so happy you're looking at the positives :) You could always lay in shavasana while you're healing haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really am trying. And yes savasana....my favvvvvorite :)

      Delete
  3. I love this post! So incredible. I love the last little bit about savasana. haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! haha yeah I loved that little graphic...too cute!

      Delete
  4. Cute post! I spent a good hour yesterday bonding with my yoga mat :)

    - Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I reallyyyyyy like this. Yoga is amazing and gives you a completely different kind of strength than weight lifting. Plus, yoga is great because you can take it easy when you're injured and push yourself to do crazy headstands when you're not, and that's totally acceptable. Have a great weekend, Paige!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute post!! SO sweet :) Also, I love what you said about savasana!! Hahah...it's so true :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post! I haven't been able to workout this entire pregnancy due to some health issues, but I'm hoping to be able to soon and pre-natal yoga is top of my list!

    ReplyDelete