11/12/13

Battle of the Nut Butters!

Tuesday :( Back to work for me! Yesterday was pretty lazy and I loved every second of it. While I may or may not have been licking a Choco/PB jar clean yesterday I realized something.....I think I have a problem with nut butters. My problem being that I can't stop eating them!

These are the nut butters in my pantry right now, except for the empty one on the far left, which was actually my favorite. That was a chocolate peanut butter from Pacific Beach San Diego. I've also got Justin's Almond Butter, PB from Whole Foods, Cookie Nookie PB Crave, and Crunch Nutzo Seven Nut and Seed Butter. Whew! 

I use all of them for different things, too. Justin's vanilla goes on Ezekiel toast after workouts. PB is for apple slices for my work snack. Cookie Nookie goes on pumpkin bread, and Nutzo goes in oats! 



Even though I kep hearing/seeing stuff about the benefits of almond butter over peanut butter PB will always have a soft spot in my heart. This PB from Whole Foods is the best I've ever had. Seriously. There are two ingredients in it: peanuts and a pinch of sea salt. That's it! It's so delicious!

The war wages on in my pantry....which nut butter will prevail?? :)




This was our day yesterday.....L-A-Z-Y.




 1, 2, 3


Side note: I have a few Ellie items that I'm selling on Ebay if anyone is remotely interested. They have all been tried on but not worn to work out in. The fit is off for my body so I'm selling them! I wish I could keep them all, especially that top tank...but alas my child sized torso is just too short :(




And a little yoga! I'm working hard on crow pose...I'm having a hard time getting my knees up higher. And my mermaid is coming along swimmingly! (See what I did there?)

What is your favorite nut butter? Do you have different uses for different kinds or sort of a no distcrimination thing?

8 comments:

  1. So I know nut butters are huge in the blog world (and I love my nut butters), but I've actually never really heard why they are so much better than pb?? Currently I've just got some PB and almond butter. I love Justin's! I actually did a crow pose on a surfboard this weekend and it was pretty fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something about almond butter having more nutrients partially because of the way it's made....I don't remember exactly all the details but I couldn't give up PB if I wanted to!

      Delete
  2. Every day of my life is a battle of nut butters! Justin's wins a lot but I also love homemade AB and other butters. Right now walnut butter is my fav :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Nut butter fans unite! I adore PB crave as a "healthy" dessert, but can never make the jar last longer than a few days.. it's tough not to dip my spoon in for any given reason. Also love Peanut Butter and Co Dark Chocolate dreams for a quick on the go treat. In my oatmeal I use all natural nut butters though, my favourite is probably Cashew ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree....can't buy it anymore!!! I just eat it all at once :)

      Delete
  4. Lately I have been obsessed with Wholefoods Honey Roasted PB! delicious!

    -Elise @ 9toFit.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paige! This is my first time visiting your blog, and I immediately got excited because 1.) I'm also in love with nut butters, and 2.) I can't believe you have a jar from Pacific Beach PB. When I lived in San Diego, I used to get peanut butter every weekend at their little stand at the farmers' market. They have such awesome flavors! I love Justin's chocolate hazelnut butter and my favorite almond butter is Trader Joe's with sea salt. YUM! PS - Your site wouldn't let me comment under my blog name - foodielovesfitness.com - so I'm somehow logged in as a weird unknown Google account instead!

    ReplyDelete