10/1/13

Pumpkin Protein Cake

So is everyone sick of all the pumpkin hype yet??? Boy I hope not because I still have some pumpkin stuff up my sleeve :) I hope Tuesday is finding you fabulous! What fitness activities have you been up to this week?

There is a new yoga challenge on Instagram: #fallinlovewithyoga

This one is different than #moveyoasana because instead of having a pose of the day it has a theme. Today's theme was poses that make you feel beautiful. I chose wild thing because I just feel so graceful and lovely in this pose and I love the curves my body makes in it. It is also challenging for me so each day as I grow stronger in it I feel better and more beautiful.


I've also been practicing hard at king dancer. This pose reminds me a TON of a combination of a scorpion and a scale from cheerleading, which I was in for a few years.


Feelin good people! Check out that concentration....

Anyway, my sweet tooth has been kicking in a LOT lately so I decided to give this pumpkin protein cake a try. It's very similar to the chocolate mug cake recipe I have, except it's all fall-ified with pumpkin and spices :) Enjoy!


Pumpkin Protein Cake
1/2 cup oat flour or wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 egg whites
3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
2.5 tbsp almond milk
2 tsp Stevia
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp butter extract
1 scoop vanilla protein powder

Icing
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
A little water or almond milk, whisked together

Microwave in mug or bowl for 2-3 minutes

I hope you like this cake....I have eaten it a couple of times in the last week or so and I can't get enough! Of course, I just can't ever get enough of pumpkin. 

What have you done for exercise this week? Is there a class you are looking forward to trying soon?

Today I am thankful for my job. Many people are struggling to find jobs or any source of income and although I get frustrated at times, I do love my job. One of my passions is reading and English (dork alert...it's fine) and I love when my kids are excited to my room! Which they are right now...we're finishing The Hunger Games. I also love the feeling of being able to make a change. Each day is different, some bad, some good, but at least I know that I'm trying to make a difference for these kids, while they so desperately need it. It feels good to be a positive influence. I think that's one big reason I'm enjoying this health and fitness blog so much! I like being an influence, whether it's at school or through my love of healthy living. I'm very lucky to have a job in general, and especially one that I like so much.

What are you thankful for today?

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. This looks delicious!! I can't wait to try. I have pinned!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM Anything PUMPKIN makes me HAPPY! I am jealous of your taste buds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell what's more amazing, how you are incredible at yoga and you took your first class a month ago or this protein cake??? You're just straight up awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Davida :) I'm working really hard!

      Delete
  4. You have become quite the yogi! I'm so impressed! :) I think that it's great that you are inspired to influence people in a positive way. It says a lot about you that you care about other so much!

    ReplyDelete