10/22/13

Healthy Pumpkin Dog Treats

This may come as a shock to you, but I'm kind of into my dog! (I kid I kid...if you've read even one post on my blog you know I'm basically obsessed with my little weiner.) I never even used to like animals! I never really had pets growing up (except some stray cats that lived under our porch) because neither of my parents were into house pets. When I met Steven's family, I was kind of taken aback. They have dogs, cats, and back then they had a guinea pig too. I would see them talk to their dogs in baby voices and thought they were so weird. Well, the joke was definitely on me because now I'm as crazy as they come when it comes to my little guy.


I'm sorry but how could you resist this adorable specimen of cuteness??!??! You just couldn't. You'd baby talk him too, trust me.

Anyway, I guess I've entered a higher level of crazy dog lady by being super anal about what Rodney eats. But seriously, I think of it in the same manner I think of myself eating healthily....my body is a machine and I want to feed it properly so that I am able to do all sorts of activities and live a long, fulfilling life. I want the same for Rodney. I want him around FOREVER :)

I take him on walks every day after work, I play with him, and I feed him healthy food. We do True Blue for daily dog food and I stick to the most natural treats I can find, but MAN is that stuff expensive. When I have some extra time I like to make his treats myself. This way, I know EXACTLY what is going into his body and how good it is! Therefore, I bring you healthy pumpkin puppy treats!!




Pumpkin Dog Treats
1 egg
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup oat flour
1/4 cup wheat flour
Extra wheat flour for cutting the treats and kneading the dough
2 tbsps dried parsley
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix ingredients. Knead dough out and cut into shapes. Cook for 20 minutes with bones laid on a sprayed cooking pan. After 20 minutes, flip bones and cook for another 15 minutes.

This recipe made 10 bone treats.










He obviously loved them!! What a sweetheart. Seriously.

Pumpkin is extremely good for dogs, especially for their digestive system. He won't eat it plain so putting it in a treat tricks him and helps out his tummy. Silly pup!

Today is an exciting day!! My friend Sadia and I are going to start the Jillian Michaels 30 Days to Ripped workouts. I've never done hers before and I usually like doing my own thing but I think this will be really fun to do with a friend. It's always nice to have an accountability partner...it makes things so much easier. So my schedule is looking like yoga 2 days a week and JM 3-4 days probably. I'm always down to try out yet another workout program and I've heard really good things about Jillian so I'll be keeping you all up to date on how that is going! I did do an intense home Crossfit workout tonight though....I'll have that up for you tomorrow! It was a good one..I was dripping sweat by the end.

Have a great Tuesday!! Get up and move!!

Have you ever tried Jillian Michaels' workout programs? Did you enjoy it?



18 comments:

  1. I have never tried Jillian Michael's workouts but I do enjoy having a "plan" to follow. I followed Blonde Ponytail's Summer Shape Up plan this past summer and I really enjoyed it! Also I love your dog and I'm probably going to be telling you that in severallllll comments haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha how could you not?!?!? He's the cutest!!

      Delete
  2. You are making me want a dog even more then i already do ! :( stupid apartment doesn't allow dogs

    -Elise @ 9toFIt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You absolutely need to move and get a dachshund. Just saying :)

      Delete
  3. I really like Jillian's workouts. I did her Body Revolution program at the end of last year and it was really good. I shortened it a little because it was like a 90 day program and I max out on the same workout after 6 weeks (even if the individual workouts technically change, I just need someone new). I also have several of her other DVDs, which are all very challenging! Good luck with Ripped! I've never tried that one before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the same way! I need to mix it up often or I get super bored!

      Delete
  4. These are too cute! I wish I had a dog :( I did JM's 30 day shred once and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had a dog!! :( And I really want to try the 30 day shred as well - can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need a weiner! They're the best! I'm not biased or anything...

      Delete
  6. Isn't it funny that anyone can technically eat these. Since they contain only wholesome ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I love that!! I also like to give him banana, Greek yogurt and sweet potato in bits every now and then...it's awesome that they can go either way!

      Delete
  7. Awwww! Your baby is so cute! The treats look great! What type of dog food do you feed him? I feed my little guy Nutro. It doesn't have corn (which dogs can't digest) and no nasty preservatives!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    http://acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm pretty partial to him :) I feed Rodney Blue's salmon dog food. Super healthy and natural!

      Delete
  8. I actually enjoyed reading through this posting. Many thanks.Explore our collection of heart-inspired recipes. Browse, cook, create, even share your own here.
    cooking classes Buckinghamshire
    cooking school Buckinghamshire
    cookery courses Buckinghamshire
    cookery school Buckinghamshire

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually enjoyed reading through this posting. Many thanks.Explore our collection of heart-inspired recipes. Browse, cook, create, even share your own here.
    cooking classes Buckinghamshire
    cooking school Buckinghamshire
    cookery courses Buckinghamshire
    cookery school Buckinghamshire

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am truly delighted to read this post which contains plenty of helpful facts, thanks for providing these data. Great article, exactly what I needed.
    Fog Games

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eating better full of refreshing, Healthy Lifestyle complete food items is vital in a healthy life style. As soon as available, always pick food items obtained in the organic point out. Fruit and veggies get higher supplement and nutrient written content.

    ReplyDelete