10/31/13

Overnight Pumpkin Oats

So....close....to....Friday......I can't stand it! 

Tucson is finally feeling pretty "fall". In the mornings when I wake up it's around 50 degrees, maybe even a little colder. I mean it still gets up in the 80s/90s every day but it starts off really cool!! :) I really can't believe that today is Halloween and the last day of October!! It's so crazy how fast this school year is going by. I'm ready for summer break already! Haha. But seriously. Summer break.

I haven't been doing the JM program...my partner hasn't been able to work out lately and she has it on her Amazon live so I've been doing HIIT and yoga on my own at my house. I was hoping to go to yoga this week but plans got kind of moved around so I've just been doing Yogaglo. Yesterday after school I did this HIIT workout and it was perfection. So basically my workout plan from Sunday hasn't followed at all!! I guess that's just the way it goes.

I've been chowing down on these Pumpkin Overnight Oats for the last few days and ohhhh so good. I'm still not sick of pumpkin and we have awhile before it's time to stash it away so I'm capitalizing, people!



Overnight Pumpkin Oats
1/3 cup oats
1 big spoonful pumpkin
Pumpkin pie spice
Water
Chia seeds
Flaxseed
Greek yogurt

Mix and cover overnight in fridge. I topped mine with cacao nibs! SO delicious!


This is what I do in my classroom when I'm doing with my lessons in the morning, waiting for kids to get to my room....it's fine.....


Handstand practice after work. I'm sooooo super impatient. I'm so angry that I've been practicing for a couple of weeks and still can't hold a good handstand for more than about 7-10 seconds (and that's only every 8th handstand or so...the others are fails). I really need to work on patience! I'm trying but I've always been the type that looks for immediate gratification or feels like I should have a concept down perfectly the first time I try it. Sigh. That's why practicing yoga is good for my soul....it forces me to slow down and wait for mastery of a skill. However. I'm finding it easier to hold stag leg poses...more even distribution of balance and what not. Ahhhh! I'm impatient :)

Are you ever impatient in your workouts? I definitely get this way with lifting too. After one week of lifting I feel like I should be shoulder pressing 30s, which isn't realistic at all. 

10 comments:

  1. Impatience is how I got injured!! So many ways I wish I could move my body or lift or run etc...but these things take time! Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for the reminder....I don't want to get hurt! Need to slow down.

      Delete
  2. I'm impatient too..I tried a headstand last week like a bagillion times and couldn't hold it and now have a bruise on my elbow. cute! All in good time, right? I also am a big fan of pumpkin EVERYTHING, including overnight oats. mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh I sympathize!! I feel like it should happy in a snap :(

      Delete
  3. I'm so jealous of your poses! And I am right there with you as far as summer break goes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't hold them terribly long but I'm practicing really hard :)

      Delete
  4. Stopped over from the I Don't Go To The Gym linkup. VERY nice handstands, keep it up!!

    xoxo,
    gayle | grace for gayle
    I'm a #Previvor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. 89/90s!?! So jealous! I am fighting breaking out my winter coat but it was so darn cold on Monday I think that might be a bad decision!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get very discouraged when I don't see leaps and bounds progress in my workouts. I want to do a strict pull up SO badly, but it's just not happening! Even the kipping pull ups are eluding me right now!! Slowly but surely!! Determination is key - never give up!! :)

    ReplyDelete