10/24/13

Butternut Squash Garlic Soup

UGHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm tired. I'm exhausted. Sad face sad face sad face!

OK whining over :) This week is the busiest week I've had in such a long time. I've been up late doing work every single night and we had out chili supper at school on Wednesday! My kids raised a LOT of money and worked so hard. I couldn't be more proud of them.

I'm ready for this weekend! Best friend's birthday tonight and a staycation Saturday! Super excited. Lots of relaxation. I am kenneling Rodney for the very first time ever, since Steven is out of town, and I'm a little nervous but I found a reeeeeally really nice place where he'll be able to exercise and run around all day long and have some one on one attention so I'm feeling OK about it. I mean it's not even for a full 24 hours so I'm sure it will be fine. It'll be fine right? Right. I'm obsessed with my dog...no big deal.


We are reading The Raven in class. I have a dress with the entire poem written on it. I love literature. Seriously. Thanks Modcloth :)

On the docket today is a delicious, fall butternut squash soup. I am a huuuugue fan of squash....all kinds, I'm not discriminatory! Have to say that butternut is probably my favorite though. I found a huge jar of squash puree at William Sonomas which was fantastic because I don't really enjoy cutting squash up so much! So I made this yummy soup for dinner the other night and it was so easy, quick, and perfect!!








Butternut Squash Soup
2 cups squash puree (or cook, cut, and blend squash into puree)
1/2 cup unsalted vegetable stock
Onion
Garlic
Thyme
Salt
Pepper

Mix all ingredients in saucepan and cook on low for about 10 minutes. Serve warm.

Easy! Healthy! Delicious! Doesn't get any better than that.

Thank you SO much for your suggestions on where to get nice black running capris. I looked at the Gap and Athleta leggings online and am making a shopping trip this Sunday to check them out :)

Let's talk for a second about yoga instructors. At the place I go to, I found one instructor who blows my mind every single class. Every class is fast, flows smoothly, is intense and we always do a few fun poses and always try something new. Now, every other instructor there seems incredibly slow and just not fun. I went earlier this week and it was the most boring class I've been to yet. I know you have to find an instructor that works for you but it's interesting to me that the instructor can completely make or break the class. And then I always feel guilty for not liking the class, because you know many people go to these instructors regularly and love them, and they're all so nice and genuine....just not for me. 

What do I look for in a yoga class/instructor? Fast paced. Smooth flow and transitions. Not mixing up poses and doing the whole "OK into down dog. Never mind I meant into cat/cow pose" constantly. Not doing 19 variations of one pose and holding each for a minute. Incorporating new poses each class.

Am I being too picky? I feel like I just know what I want and want to maximize my time in each class.


Goofy stare with chin too tucked in...but my mermaid pose has come so far in a short time and I'm happy!! (PS new Lululemon top I DIE!!)

Are you picky about your yoga/kickboxing/personal trainer classes and instructors? Or do you just go with the flow with whoever is there?

7 comments:

  1. I love that we were both busy making butternut squash soup - soooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boyfriend hates butternut squash but I don't care, this looks bomb I'm trying it!

    -Elise @9toFit.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the pickiest yogi you know! No partner work, no inversions and I have the hardest time staying for shevasena!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before even reading where you got that dress I knew it was from ModCloth. One of my best friends is obsesseddddd with ModCloth and I was like hmmmmmm that looks like one of their dresses haha super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am extremely picky with my instructors! Yoga, especially, I feel is very personal and you shouldn't feel bad about liking one instructor's style over another. I've not liked instructors simply because I didn't care for their philosophy. I think as long as you are not rude about other instructors (which I totally doubt you are) then it's fine to stick with the ones you like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've actually never been to a yoga class - that has to change!!!

    ReplyDelete