10/23/13

WIAW #14 and At Home CrossFit Workout

Oh heyyyyyyy! It's Wednesday again. This week is so overwhelmingly busy that I had a mini anxiety attack today thinking about everything that needs to be done :( Whatever! Suck it up Paige!

Today after school I am staying to set up for the chili dinner that my 8th graders are hosting to raise money for the Washington DC trip. There's just so much to do to get ready for it that it's making my head hurt. I also have an observation with my principal that I have to get lesson plans ready for, yoga Thursday, and lover's birthday celebration Friday (Sadia!!!)

Such is life. Doing TONS of meal prep for this week. Here is my WIAW post but as usual it's a mish-mash of food from the last few days. Enjoy, my children!!




Butternut Squash soup! So delicious and SO super easy. Recipe to come soon.


I mean....I don't have an obsession, right? Right.


Spinach egg white and feta wrap from Starbucks


Chai latte duh....should have asked for unsweetened though...holy sugar rush. No thank you! Too sweet for me :)


Jumped on the bandwagon with these and oyyyyy veyyyy!!! I can't...stop....eating...these. Literally. Like today after work I ate about 4 spoonfuls of the cookie and cocoa swirl..it's bad. I mean the butter is DELICIOUS but my immediate obsession is horrible. Same goes for the pumpkin butter....may or may not have had a spoonful while making this...


Crockpot fall oats! Recipe soon! I can't stop fall-ing up my life. Seriously.


A cute little shot of my life right now....morning tea in my chevron glass, strawberry banana protein smoothie for a morning  snack, yoga mat and my lunch box with lunch and snacks for the day.


And a hummus and pita chip assault. It's fine.

My eating has taken a detour in the sense that I haven't been eating as many fresh fruits and veggies as I normally do so starting yesterday I'm kicking it into high gear. Apples bell peppers and carrots galore!

Monday I did this at home CrossFit workout and I LOOOOVE it! It was super intense but a great time-saver. This is a perfect workout for when you are short on time but high on energy.


SO! Jillian Michaels Day 1 done. OK. Um. I'm not sure what to think. The workout was OK and while I had to stop a couple times because of my burning shoulders, I didn't feel like it was as fast paced as I normally do. I also don't really care for JM's personality much...I miss Tony Horton! He rocks P90X and has a kickass personality that makes me want to push myself. However, that said, I was still sweating and felt like I got a pretty decent workout and am definitely committed to this for the month. You can do anything for 30 days, right? Righto.

OK I know this is long and I'll wrap it up soon but I need help!! I need black capri leggings. I have SO many leggings...dark grey, light gray, navy, black with lime green, long short, the list goes on. However, I realized I don't have a pair of plain black capri leggings. I'm really leaning towards the Lululemon wonder unders but I'm not sure because A) they're super expensive and B) I've never owned a pair before so I'm not positive they meet my criteria. Here's what I need: 

-PLAIN black..no colored waistband, stripes, insets, nada. 
-High waisted...can't stand any type of muffin top while working out or having to pull them up. 
-Thick-ish material. This is where I'm not sure about the under wunders. I haven't tried a pair on but I have tried on Lululemon shorts and haven't felt like the material was thick enough for me. I prefer some type of blend not straight stretchy material but I'm kind of open to that...I just like something that feels on the thicker side. Feels more substantial and not like I'm wearing nothing. I like to feel like my legs are encased :) 

I LOVE Ellie's leggings but they don't have an absolute plain black capri length legging available in my size so I'm on the hunt. Any suggestions??

Where is your favorite place to buy workout clothes?

11 comments:

  1. I love that shot of your life right now. It is just too adorable. Love the chevron!! You can def stick with it for 30 days. Go girl! Another option if you don't like the Lululemon is Athleta. I have several of their capris and love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks! OK I have heard of Athleta but not a whole lot. I will definitely be checking it out!

      Delete
  2. I just picked up a pair of leggings from Gap (Gap Body line) and I love them! Way cheaper than Lululemon... And not see-through ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things about Gap!! Definitely will check it out....thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  3. That wrap from Starbucks actually looks good! Never knew they even had those

    -Elise @ 9toFit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seriously was a million times better than I was anticipating....it was super delicious.

      Delete
  4. I do love lululemon but it can be a bit pricey. Worth the money though in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowww I know I know!!! They're just the best!

      Delete
  5. Gap. I got a pair of black capris that fit that description from the Gap and I love them. I actually got them from Gap outlet so they weren't as expensive but I don't know if you have one nearby. Also---LOVE that wine mmmmm and also you mentioning the 8th grade trip to DC made me think of my trip to DC which immediately made me feel old haha so long ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! Another girl suggested Gap as well so I'll be checking it out this weekend.

      Delete
  6. I just bought that cookie and cocoa swirl too and LOVE it!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete