9/3/13

WIAW #8

Hello all!! I've been MIA for a few days....things have been BUSY around here! This weekend was a blast though. Steven was back home in Chicago for 6 days so I was hoping I'd find ways to keep myself occupied and I definitely had no trouble with that.

I took my second spin class on Sunday with the TIU girls in Phoenix! Have you guys taken spin?? I feel like most people have but for me it's still new. This class was called Party On A Bike and it just WAS. It was in a dark room with black lights, disco type lights and a live DJ! It was incredible and so motivating. I loved every second of it, and of course, it was nice to see the girls and meet a few for the first time in person. 

It's time for another edition of What I Ate Wednesday! I have a few recipes I need to put up for this week but I'm just running a little behind :( When I got home from work today we had a power outage until about thirty minutes ago so now I'm another day behind...such is life. Thanks to Jenn for hosting again this week :)



Lunch today was leftovers from the Whole Foods hot bar from last night! There's a little of everything in there...quinoa, Greek couscous salad, artichokes, steamed veggies, etc


Shrimp roll from Whole Foods


This nut butter that I have been DYING to try! I ate a couple spoonfuls today...I went to 2 Whole Foods stores and Sprouts and couldn't find the creamy kind, so I just went with crunchy. So delicious!!



Hummus...artichokes...sold. Eaten with a few Wheat Thins....I just couldn't make myself cut up a bell pepper. L-A-Z-Y!


I got this beef jerky in my Kona Kase this month and I absolutely love it. It's probably one of the best jerkies (jerkeys??) I've had. 


Aaaaand I tried to make these salmon terryaki burgers for dinner but I had a hard time getting the grill to work and it started raining so I put them back for tomorrow's dinner. I'm super excited to eat them...they look/smell delicious!

Yesterday I went to the new Whole Foods in Tucson and well....the mothership has finally called me home. The one that is slightly closer to me is very, very small, but it's the first and only I've ever been in so I didn't realize what I was missing out on. The new one, which is almost an hour from my house, has a full bakery, a bar, smoothie and hot bars, full meat counter, and is as big as a regular grocery store. I was in HEAVEN!! Sigh. 

I'm a third of the way through my NASM class and it is tough to say the least. I didn't realize how much reading/studying it requires...I'm a little behind but I'm hoping to get all caught up this weekend. I'm kind of in a slump right now...I think with school starting back up I just can't get myself fully back on schedule. I need a swift kick in the pants!

Have a fantastic Wednesday, lovelies :)

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I love spin classes! After doing a couple classes that were more "party-like" with lights, disco balls and awesome music I have a pretty high standard for them so not every one is good. I did do a Jay-Z vs. Beyonce spin class and that was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I just loved it! I can't see going to a normal one now though :( Jay-Z vs. Beyonce sound so cool!!

      Delete
  2. I like these shrimp rolls...look delicious!
    New Bloglovin follower via 'First Friday Blog Hop'
    Thanks for co-hosting this week!
    Have a Nice Day!
    http://www.foodcnr.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the love :) I'm following you back!

      Delete
  3. Those salmon burgers look super tasty!
    I try, but I'm not a huge fan of spin. I know it's good for me, but I'd rather get my cardio from running!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh you're crazy!! I have to force myself to run :(

      Delete