9/18/13

WIAW #10 and Brownie Protein Pancakes

Hump day is here again! I just love What I Ate Wednesdays. It's just a fun way to see what everyone else eats on a day to day basis. I always look forward to these posts! 

This week has been pretty good so far. My kids are getting prepared for their first benchmark tests next week so the pressure is on. We also just read a pivotal chapter in The Hunger Games today and shit's starting to get real (Rue died...so sad but such a turning point!) I love how into it my kids are.

My fitness this week has been kind of all over the place but hey that's life. Yoga on Sunday and Wednesday and Tuesday after work I did yesterday's Beg For Mercy workout. Tomorrow I'll probably do another HIIT routine...then I have Run or Dye on Saturday with some friends!!! SOOOO pumped!!! I absolutely love fun runs and now that the weather SHOULD be cooling down soon here in Tucson there will be more and more to participate in.

So! What did I eat Wednesday? (or more accurately, what have I been eating the last week...)



Um....hello, heaven. Let's get to the recipe later in this post, shall we?


Vanilla chai latte, all day errrrry day in my amazing Anthropologie mug! Recipe later this week. Is it a real recipe if it only includes 3 ingredients, one of which is a tea bag?? Uhhh...survey says yes!! :)


Pumpkin muffins!! Recipe later this week. I've been baking and cooking up a storm, people. It's the pumpkin...it motivates me. Seriously.


Delicious juice!! Beets, carrots, apple, kale. Deeelicious and such a pretty color!

OK I'm guessing you really don't care that much about what I'm eating this week, at least after seeing those pancakes because HOLY CRAP brownie pancakes?! These literally taste likes brownies. I mean, I expected chocolate, but these are brownie disks. I wouldn't lie to you; trust me! These are my new favorite and I've had them about 3 times in the last 4 days...no big deal. I got the recipe inspiration from Brittany but changed it around quite a bit to make it work for me.


Brownie Protein Pancakes
1/2 cup almond milk plus a little more once everything is mixed
1/3 cup oat flour
1.5 scoops Perfect Fit protein powder (or 1 scoop of any protein powder, but PF has less protein than others so I used a little more. I recommend brown rice protein powder; it is great for pancakes and gives them a fluffy texture)
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tbsp Stevia

Mix all ingredients thoroughly. You will probably need to add a little more almond milk until it gets to the consistency you want. Cook like regular pancakes. I topped mine with protein "frosting" (1 scoop chocolate protein powder whisked with a little water) and a huge spoonful of Nutzo nut butter.

You are welcome. Plleeeease let me know if you try these....I'm not kidding when I say they're my new favorite food item and I'll probably eat them every day for the next few weeks until I get sick of them :) Until then, have a great Wednesday peeps!

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Must order some perfect fit protein powder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um yum! I planned on making something else for breaky tomorrow but that's likely changing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This all looks incredibly delicious and I cordially invite you over my house to make everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! Looks delicious!! And the Antro. mug is super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brownie Protein Pancakes - how amazing is that????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pancakes look soo yummy. I wish I could have time to make pancakes during the week. But Saturdays I normally make a batch of either pancakes or waffles. Its tradition. lol

    ReplyDelete