9/20/13

Vanilla Chai Latte

Happy Friday!! Finally, friends, the weekend is here :)

So I guess I'm late on the boat of...life...and just had my first chai latte last week. I don't drink tea or coffee so when my friends and I went to a coffee house two Sundays ago after yoga I just got a glass of almond milk. My friend had a chai latte and I had a taste of it and immediately loved it! Last Sunday after yoga I ordered my own and nowwww I'm kind of hooked. 

After yoga we went to Lululemon and Anthropologie for a girl's day of shopping (or looking, in my poor case). In Anthro I picked up this adorable mug and new that I was starting an new morning tradition.

I went to the grovery store to pick up a couple of boxes of these: 


and when I got home I immediately tried to make my own. Now I've made one every morning and enjoyed it in my cutesy mug and it's just a nice start to the day :)






Vanilla Chai Latte
1 bag of chai tea
8 oz boiling water
1/2 tbsp Stevia
Splash of almond milk
Sprinkle of vanilla protein powder

Boil the water on the stove. Steep teabag for 5 minutes. Add ingredients in a mason jar with ice cubes to make it an iced latte! 

A super yummy way to start off the day. The only thing I'm trying to tweak about this is that the spice flavor isn't as strong as the drink I had at the coffee house. I'm guessing I need to use a black tea bag and add the spices for real instead of just using a chai teabag. That's my next project! Still so delicious!

What are you doing for activity today? Are your meals healthy today? If your'e struggling or feeling behind, just remember:


Speaking of small changes (or big changes!), you should go check out the delightful Kammie at Sensual Blog!! She has done an amazing job of putting together a single serving healthy cook book. You can purchase it at this link, and you can read her story behind the book there too. It is officially available on Monday, but you can order it now for $7.99. Not only that, but because I am telling all of my lovely readers about it, you can use the code BLOG25 for 25% off! I really recommend checking it out...it's such a cheap price for an organized recipe book for quick, healthy recipes that you can always have on hand. Plus her blog is awesome anyway....great pictures and great recipes, along with interesting posts!

Happy Friday and happy early weekend!!!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I love Chai lattes! So good. I used to always order them but I haven't in awhile so I need to get on that. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never would have thought to add protein powder to a homemade chai latte! Love it. I don't order them at Starbucks since they're pretty high in sugar but making your own is a definite solution.

    Also just saw my badge on your sidebar. You are too sweet ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put protein in everything haha. You're one of my favorite blogs so I figured I should put it up!! :)

      Delete
  3. Chai is the bomb! I looooove it! I tend to do without, as most coffeeshops load 'em with sugar, but this one looks delicious and good for me!! :)

    ReplyDelete