9/22/13

Morning Metabolism Boosting Smoothie

Good afternoon! Sunday MIGHT be my favorite day of the week (until about 5 pm hits and I realize I have work the next day!) It's so relaxing and restful.

This morning I went to yoga at 10 am and HOLY PACKED. The studio I go to is pretty small.....I'd say about 20 would fit comfortably. There were definitely over 35 people there this morning....I got stuck in the back in front of the water cooler and facing perpendicular to everyone else. I was nervous about it but actually it ended up being great....I had more room than most others and felt like I was kind of in my own spot. This is my fourth week doing yoga and today was my favorite class so far! This is the second time I've been to this specific instructor and I LOVE HER. She is my favorite by far. Today in almost every single pose we did I could see progress. Especially extended-hand-to-toe pose....when I started my leg was completely bent, and today I saw a ton of progress! I'm about 3/4 of the way straight with a straight standing leg. That's crazy to me. So awesome! 

I've been drinking this smoothie every morning during my planning period 1st hour at school and it's been so refreshing! Also a great way to sneak in your greens for the day :)


Morning Metabolism Boosting Smoothie
1 cup spinach or kale (or both)
1 banana
1 cup almond milk
1/2 tbsp Stevia
1 shake of cayenne pepper
A little lemon juice
1 scoop protein powder (optional)
1/4 cup Greek yogurt

So delicious! It's a great way to start off the morning :) I'm off to enjoy my lazy Sunday. I'll be back tomorrow with an incredible pumpkin muffin recipe. Until then, peeps.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you are loving yoga! I need to do more yoga...then again I just need to get moving in general. My stupid leg/back injury is back so I've been out of any sort of physical activity all week. Totally sucks :(

    I drink lemon water with apple cider vinegar every morning. It's supposed to boost your metabolism but it also helps to keep thing regular, if you know what I mean ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome that you are seeing so much progress with your yoga! It's definitely something that if you keep doing it you'll get better and better! Love that green smoothie recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete