9/16/13

Crustless Pumpkin Pie and MIMM #6

Happy Monday, ya'll! Monday is the lamest day of the week for sure but you know what's not lame??? PUMPKIN!!! So what if fall doesn't officially start until September 22?? So what if I live in Tucson AZ and it was 103 yesterday and I got sun burnt in the pool?? It's fall in my head, baby!!

I'ts time for an edition of Marvelous In My Monday and I'm startin out with the fall stuff. Be prepared, chickadees....
Marvelous In My Monday Is: 

1) Katie at Healthy Diva Eats for hosting another edition :)

2) Crustless Pumpkin Pies (recipe below)


3) New fall boots!!! I mean, really?????? These are perfection.


Get them here!

4) A dress covered in dachshunds....have you ever seen such a perfect garment in your whole entire life?!


Can't get enough of you, Modcloth. Get this weiner dress here!

5) Sunday morning Yoga. Namaste :) I needed a little extra stretching before class started since I was SUPER sore from Saturday's workout!


6) This guy....

           

 7) My first U of A football game!!


8) This card my mom got for both me and Steven


So let's bring on the pumpkin! I made these beauties last week and took them for my morning meals at school. At first I thought I did something wrong when baking them because they weren't fluffy and doughy like muffins. However, once I went back to Taralynn's website where I got the recipe I reread the title.....crustless PUMPKIN PIES not muffins. So the gooeyness is correct. They were delicious but I am a sucker for a real muffin so I'll be working on that recipe this week. I also am going to make this pumpkin smoothie at some point. I LOVE FALL. :)

     

Crustless Pumpkin Pies
-1 Can (15 ounces) Pumpkin Puree
-1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
-3/4 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
-1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
-1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
-1 Packet (Scoop) Vega Vanilla Protein Powder (or any protein powder)
-1/4 Cup Ground Flax Seed
-1 Egg White (if you want to make these vegan, replace egg white with 3 tablespoons of Chia seeds)
-10 Tbsps. Non Fat Vanilla Greek Yogurt
-1 Tsp Stevia and cinnamon

Combine ingredients. Preheat oven to 350. Fill muffin tin with liners and spray with cooking spray. Bake for 20-30 minutes. (I did 26 but they could have used a couple more minutes). When finished, top with yogurt, Stevia and cinnamon "frosting" mixture.

Can you say delicious???? I can. DELICIOUS!!! 

Thank you to all of you that commented on my last post about transitioning to a healthy lifestyle and supporting me. Looking at the progression of the last year has made me realize how worth it it was to change my eating and exercise habits. I really appreciate the encouragement...it made my day :)

I'm off to school. To educate children by reading The Hunger Games. I'm pretty lucky, if I do say so myself!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Your pumpkin recipe looks divine! I love pumpkin everything too but I'm trying to hold off until October so I can gorge on pumpkin all of Oct/Nov!!!! I'm focusing on apples for a little bit! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh you're probably smart to do that! I just can't help myself :)

      Delete