8/28/13

WIAW #7

Hello all! Hump day once again, which means yet another What I Ate Wednesday, hosted by Jenn at Peas and Crayons.

These are my Sunday eats :)


M1: Ezekiel bread with chocolate PB, 3 slices of bacon tempeh and egg whites with salsa


M2: Ezekiel bread with tuna salad and hot sauce


M3: This AMAZING salad that I've been noshing on every day for the last few days (recipe up tomorrow)


M4: Chocolate protein powder, PB, and banana smoothie

M5: Grilled chicken with broccoli and cauliflower

Can I please tell you that after work I raced, literally raced, to Target to get The Great Gatsby??!!


I've kind of been in a rut with workouts lately. It's super hard to feel motivated to drive 45 minutes to the gym after work every day. I'm kind of beating myself up about it and not sure how to pull out. I'm just exhausted every day once school is over and can't get motivated. Any tips??

What do you do to pull yourself out of a motivational rut?

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Do you have any room in your house to get a workout in? If not a great trick I use is to just put my gym clothes on. Once I'm in them I'm like well half the battle is done! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol i do the same thing Davida! i always feel like i HAVE to go if i'm already decked out in my gym or running gear. :)

      sometimes i like to spoil myself (budget permitting) when i'm having one of these super demotivated weeks. i'll make a target run (Marshalls or Nike Factory when i'm feeling fancy haha), a pick up a new workout top, or pair of shorts. even the simplest thing like a new yoga headband has worked to fire up my spirits. then i make a plan to wear that something to the gym next time. it's silly, but it makes me feel giddy and excited to get back on track.

      a third option, not budget dependent :), would be to choose a reliable friend to be your go-to workout bud. someone who you can call up when you're feeling like a bump on a log, and who will pick you up and get you moving.

      Delete
    2. I do and I have a lot of equipment to work out at home but I don't have any heavy weights which is what I've been doing lately :/ All of these are good suggestions though! I need to just suck it up and get moving!! :)

      Delete