8/7/13

WIAW #4 and Lemon Thyme Chicken

 It's hump day!! I've been back to work all week, busy getting my classroom all set up! Tomorrow is the first day back for the kids...I think I'm as ready as I'm ever going to be.

Today is my fourth edition of What I Ate Wednesday, hosted by Jenn at Peas and Crayons. Head on over to her little section of the web and see all of the other amazing meals posted today!


I've been so busy getting everything back in order for the school year that I kind of slacked on taking pictures of my meals today. Here are pictures of the ones I remembered :)

   

M1: Protein Pancakes + watermelon and strawberries that I got at our district "back to school" breakfast 
M2: (Above) Lemon Protein Bars


M3: This amazing salad I've been eating all week! Spinach, romaine, baked lemon thyme chicken (recipe below), blueberries, strawberries, goat cheese, and a sprinkle of the Tuscan summer mix nut medley from my Naturebox

Vinaigrette: balsamic, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, a tiny bit of dijon mustard


M4: PB&J Quest Bar


M5: My new daily favorite, a TLT! Bacon tempeh, Ezekiel bread, veganaise, a little ketchup, lettuce

       


I know a lot of people aren't tempeh fans...I haven't decided yet if I love it or not, but on this sandwich it's pretty great. I just bought my first box of it a couple of days ago and have had it three days....it's a little weird but I think I'll quickly adjust to it. I'm just not a big bean fan so it's not something I would normally gravitate towards but I'd heard such good things about it for so long I finally decided to just give it a shot.

I've been making this lemon thyme chicken for about two weeks now. It's perfect for making chicken in bulk for salads. It tastes really good on its own but I'm kind of burnt out on plain chicken right now so I've been making a lot of salads! (Recipe from Eat Yourself Skinny)



INGREDIENTS

3 or 4 chicken breasts ( I used 7 tenderloins)
Juice of 2 lemons
Zest of one lemon
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp fresh thyme
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. sea salt

INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; set aside.
Place chicken breasts in a baking dish and pour mixture over top, making sure to completely coat them.
Bake for about 25 minutes until juices run clear. Enjoy!
______________________________________________________________________
Sunset from my hot tub last night.


And of course a little weiner pic :)


First Day Back To Work Outfit :) I was just excited to wear my new Loft shorts!

_______________________________________________________________

Happy Wednesday! Keep me in your prayers tomorrow as I get attacked by insane, unruly new 8th graders.

So what did you all eat today? Has anyone tried tempeh? Do you like it or was it weird to adjust to?

No comments:

Post a Comment